Solved

Xbox connectivity issue - ID Mobile SIM in Huawei B311

• 4 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m using an ID Mobile SIM in my Huawei B311 Mobile Router. 

I seem to have an issue with my Xbox connecting to the internet. It connect to the network fine after the router has first booted, then after a couple of minutes seems to lose all connection to the internet?

All other devices remain operational. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience/knows how to troubleshoot?

Doesnt appear to be anything to do with the router as I’ve tried various setting changes. Almost seems like the Xbox’s network connection is getting blocked by traffic shaping or some means? Is this a thing?

icon

Best answer by Neuralyze 15 October 2020, 09:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Neuralyze 

Is this for connecting to XBOX Live in general?  Browsing the dashboard, seeing who’s online, etc?
Or is the above fine, but then matchmaking in games is problematic?

Have you tried a network test through your XBOX to see if that gives you any particular error message?
It could potentially be that our network (and presumably Three’s too, as we use their infrastructure) isn’t supported as a means to play XBOX Live through tethering.

Speaking from my own experience.  I know Vodafone don’t allow Nintendo Switches to work via tethering ​​​​​​to them.

Hi @Kevin 

Thanks for getting back to me. Strangely by connecting it through the LAN port on the router it allowed me to connect to Xbox Live?

Weird!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Cheers for letting us know @Neuralyze.

Will

Why iD Mobile?