Question

Your coverage checker is not correct

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

From atleast the start of this month I’ve had service about 20% of the time’s I’ve checked. That mean’s no calls, no texts and no internet outside of my WiFi. At first I thought maybe it’s just my mobile or it would solve itself but after speaking with people on this network and the EE network in my town, it turns out they too are having issues.

Supposedly it won’t be fixed for upto 3 months from now? Can you tell me exactly what it is I’m paying for and will be paying for in the next 3 months with this shoddy service?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @rvdpker,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the signal in your area. We use a different network to EE so the 3 months mentioned may be to do with their services unless our advisors told you this?

So we can check up on the coverage in your area, please can you confirm your postcode?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response Ryan. The postcode is LS25 4AD

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @rvdpker,

I can’t see any work going on there, but can see that area is patchy in areas for indoor coverage on both 3G and 4G. 

How long have you been with us now, and how long ago did this problem begin?

Will

Userlevel 1

Indoors is usually fine as I am connected to the house wifi and I can take calls when the wifi calling is working. However going outside and leaving my wifi range is when the issue occurs. Along with limited text and other services that require coverage.

I’ve been with you for over two years now and the problem began at the beginning of October. The past few days I’ve been away from my wifi the problem seems to have been fixed but at the time it did seem like the problem was going to stick around for good. Hence me writing to you guys.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @rvdpker,

Thank you for the update. We apologise again for the inconvenience caused by the issues. It looked like it was caused by congestion on the mast but we do hope that this issue does not return.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?