Solved

3g Network down in Whitstable, Kent CT5 area

• 16 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Any details about this? When service will be restored? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Kevin 16 August 2018, 13:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hey @mountainbiker1

If you could pop your full postcode into the coverage checker on our website here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker it should be able to tell you whether any ongoing maintenance or known problems are affecting a local mast(s) by you.

Usually too it would detail when things are expected to be back up and running at the latest too.

Off topic (noticing the name) could you recommend a good chain lube? my BMX I use to get to and fro could use a good cleaning.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,Thanks for your response.I know there's maintenance work going on. I chatted with customer service this morning but was given no idea when it would be up again.
On the site you kindly suggested it just says 'Planning network improvements on 19th August- hope it doesn't affect you too much.' So not very helpful.
re.chain lube, I thoroughly clean and degrease the chain with a little gadget with wheels and brushes and a trough of degreaser which the chain passes trhough (not very often I must admit) then i let it dry and relube with a light everyday oil such as 3 in !. Mech feels so much better when you make the effort! Good luck.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
@mountainbiker1 It may be a little vague, but from experience it should mean that things will all be back to normal (and better than ever in some cases) once the work has completed on August 19th.

Appreciate the chain tips too. I was looking at some of those kits that come with an attachment that sort of splay clean as you feed it through. But it seemed like there was a little too much variety or options surrounding it from first glance. I'll take a further look this weekend.

Thanks again.

Why iD Mobile?