Solved

5 digit text messages - for entering competitions

• 27 January 2021
  • 5 replies

We have a local radio station that holds competitions daily, I am unable to enter as my ID Mobile will not send the texts. It is a 5 digit number. I have a Huawei P30 Lite it was never a problem with my previous mobile which was a Hauwei P20 Lite.

icon

Best answer by Will 4 February 2021, 13:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @sumfin53,

Which number is it you’re texting?

Sometimes the number may not be whitelisted on the network.

Can you also confirm you’ve ensured that your spend cap is raised to allow the text to send as well as ensuring that the premium messaging bar is turned OFF in the iD app/account?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your response. The number I am texting is 61025 it is our local radio station. There isn’t a spend cap on my phone as I’ve not set one up. I have turned the messaging bar to OFF in my ID Account; although I believe I set it to ON to see if I could then use the 61025 number, so not hopeful this is going to work - although I will give it a try. It will be a few days now until I need to use that number I will let you know if it is at all successful.

Best Regards

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for letting us know. Although you haven’t set up a spending cap on your account, it might have defaulted to £0 unless the no cap option was chosen. If that’s the case and the text still does not send, let us know and we’ll take this further to get it sorted.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I have tried to remove £0, there is not an option to choose ‘no cap’.  I have deleted it and it just keeps re- appearing again.

I have tried again to send a text to 61025 and it comes up with  ‘error 38’. I don’t know if this will help you to establish the problem. Although it looks likely to be the ‘no cap’ issue.

Regards

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sumfin53,

We’ll drop you a Private Message so we can get this looked into with our Tech Team for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?