Question

bad signal and drop out

• 10 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Both I and my husband (different types of handsets) have poor phone signal in a good 3G and 4G area. The calls drop, the reception is poor, sometimes we miss calls - the phone doesn’t ring but we get notification of a missed call.

Our postcode is CO3 area.

Please advise us what we should do to rectify this

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @HilaryAnne,

It certainly does sound like a mast issue to me if you’re both experiencing the issue. Could you provide a full postcode for us to check please? Is the situation happening everywhere, or is it localised?

Will

My full postcode is CO3 3NL.

The problem seems to be localised, but given lockdown restrictions we haven’t been very far!

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @HilaryAnne 

It does seem like unfortunately we’ve had a bit of trouble with that mast closest to you recently.  Though we’ve sent you a private message on here now so that we can investigate this further.

Please respond there and we’ll help further.

One other thing to add is that if your phone supports WiFi calling, that would be something worth turning on in any case to potentially help things too.

Does anyone get drop out when in the Ct117bu area as since house building has started in park avenue Ramsgate my phone cuts out when on a call in my study

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @coloquil 

All coverage in your area seems to be fine on our end and no issues showing. Have you tried restarting your phone since you have experienced this issue? 

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin,

thank you for your reply,i have many times but it only happens since building started on park avenue ramsgate,my study is directly opposite buildings that have a spiral roof and only since the building work,i had trouble a while back and they kept telling me,ee that is that they were working on it and it was fine ti;ll the houses went up,i can get a call and recieve but it kleeps cutting out and have to use my landline.

Keith

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @coloquil 

Are you only experiencing this issue when in your study or anywehre else in your house?

-Mohsin

Hi,

no its just my study which is direcly opposite the new houses my main bedroom and other rooms are no problem so i have to walk to them if i want no problems

keith

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Unfortunately buildings and other large objects can cause signal problems.

If you’re having issues in your study, maybe try turning on WiFi calling. What phone do you have?

Hi,

i have an i phone se but am not to worried as i go downstaiors and no trouble.

Keith

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh that’s good then @coloquil.

Sorry about the study!

Will

Why iD Mobile?