Question

Callers hear 'number not recognised' message when they call my mobile

• 11 September 2020
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve missed quite a lot of calls recently because my phone hasn’t rung or anything - and my sister tells me that when she tried calling me, my number isn’t recognised! I tested this from my landline, first trying my number with ‘0’ at the front. It told me the number isn’t recognised. So then I tried it with ‘44’ at the beginning instead, and it went straight to ID voice mail.

Can you shed any light on why this might be happening and how I fix it, please?

Thanks.

19 replies

Just a note that I’m seeing the same issue, except that I get the “Number not recognised” message regardless of whether I start the number with ‘0’ or ‘0044’.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Debsupea @canton7 

Do you recall at all when this change started happening?

What phones are you using?  Have you recently toggled with your call forwarding settings or anything like that which would result in things going straight to voicemail?

Have you been able to test if the same problems occur when putting the iD Mobile SIM into another device at all?

Let us know and we’ll investigate this further and get this resolved for you.

@Kevin 

I was able to receive a call at 3.15pm yesterday, so it’s broken at some point between then and now (the same number that was able to reach me yesterday was unable to today).

The phone’s a OnePlus Nord. I haven’t touched any settings (other than toggling flight mode and restarting).

When I swapped the SIM with another phone, I was able to call my number. Interestingly on swapping it back, I was still able to call it. Problem solved?

Userlevel 1

Hi, my phone is Huawei P Smart. I seem to get some calls but a lot don't come through, and I suspect this has been happening for a while, certainly the last 4 weeks at least. I will try the sim card in my son's phone and see if it works and let you know. 

Thanks, 

Debbie

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Debsupea did you notice a change at all when using the iD SIM in another phone?

@canton7 did taking the SIM out and restarting the phone potentially resolve the issues you were having?  Or have things been problematic since your last message?

@Kevin It fixed the issue with calling from one particular number, but it seems that there are still issues from other numbers unfortunately.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @canton7,

Have you a postcode we can run a check on for you please?

Will

@Will Sure, is there a way to PM you, rather than posting it publically?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Done @canton7, if you could get back to us there we’ll help further.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I have noticed that on my new iD account prior to setting up voicemail I was getting “number isn’t recognised” instead of voicemail picking up the call. Have you phoned voicemail and set it up? Worth a try :wink:

Userlevel 2

I am also this morning being advised when my daughter's & wife try to call me they are getting number you have dialed is not recognised. This has been working for months absolutely fine, please provide quick fix.

Rgds, 

John 

Userlevel 2

This has started happening today for myself as well! Daughter's & wife getting number not recognised when calling myself. But I can phone them, with no issues!? Just noticed this from this morning, have rebooted mobile several times & checked network settings etc. My mobile Sony Xperia 5II. Please advise immediate fix as this is very inconvenient..... 

Rgds,

John Lightbody 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @John Henderson,

I noticed you’d posted in a couple of topics, so I’ve moved them both here.

Could I ask a few questions sorry?

Is this happening to just your wife and daughter, or to all numbers?

Are you all in the UK at the moment?

Are they able to send you text messages?

Have you recently ported a number into our network?

The answers to these questions will assist us greatly in diagnosing the issue and finding a fix.

Will

Userlevel 2

Hi Will, is all numbers that are receiving msg while calling, texts, messenger, WhatsApp all working fine. Wont & haven't been abroad this year. Receiving texts alright yes. Ported originally back in March when bought new phone& been fine up until today.…

John

Userlevel 2

To ensure, by all meanstry calling my number yourself? 

Userlevel 1

Got the same issue today, getting "number not recognised" when people try to ring me.

Am able to make calls, and send and receive texts, it is just calls i am unable to receive.

Currently in the UK, as are those who are trying to call me.

Ordered my SIM the 10th July and number was ported on the 15th July. All has been working up untill this point.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ClickMe,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Userlevel 2

Mines is working again. Receiving calls fine. But would be good to know what caused issue & if was a network issue why wasno blanket email issued to inform customers? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @John Henderson,

It didn’t seem to be a particularly widespread thing, so that’ll be why no blanket statement was made.

We’re glad you’re sorted now, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Will

Why iD Mobile?