Question

Calls cut out and in

• 10 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Since Friday 8 July voice calls have been cutting in and out. Impossible to have a conversation.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @isIDtheanswer, could you please enter your postcode at https://three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support and let me know what it says?

Thank you,

Rory

Rory,

I will do that.  Before ID I used 3 for many years without this issue.

Thanks.

Hello Rory,

The message is below.  This is helpful if it is the reason for the issue.  Did the issue begin on/before Friday?  I will check again, but any clue as to when it be resolved?

Thanks.

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 3:15 pm 10 July 2022.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @isIDtheanswer 

The message is showing that Three are aware and are working on it! It doesn’t give us any specifics or an ETA unfortunately, I’d expect them to have it sorted in the next week!

Tom

Hello Tom.

The issue not resolved.  Calls disappear for a few seconds - they can't hear me and I can't hear them.  A conversation is impossible.

I have again tried the sim in another handset. Same issue.

My wife is on three - has no problem.

I tried to talk to three - they won't talk to me because I'm not their customer.

I need this resolved, please.

Help.

Guy

A week is a long time, Tom.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hello Rory,

The message is below.  This is helpful if it is the reason for the issue.  Did the issue begin on/before Friday?  I will check again, but any clue as to when it be resolved?

Thanks.

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 3:15 pm 10 July 2022.

It looks like Three are upgrading your area to 5G, so it’ll probably takes weeks not days.

Hopefully you’ve got a 5G device @isIDtheanswer, so that after the inconvenience of these works you get some benefits. 

Good luck.

Thank you andewhite .  That may be the issue although my wife on three has had no problems at all.

Thanks for the good luck - I need it!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you andewhite .  That may be the issue although my wife on three has had no problems at all.

Thanks for the good luck - I need it!

I assume this only happens in one area/location, in which case while these works are ongoing maybe try the iD WiFi Call service, if there’s Wi-Fi network you can use for this.

Anyway, good luck. 

Why iD Mobile?