Question

Calls interrupted and texts not being delivered

Userlevel 1

I phone an 079 number and mid way through the call I'm interrupted by ID and told that "your service does not allow access to this number” and I’m then cut off.  My texts are also not delivered to this number.  The person I’m calling/texting is located in rural Norfolk.  I’m using an iPhone 6.  Please help.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Beal,

We’re sorry to hear about that issue! When it happens, do you notice a lack of signal at all? We would recommend checking your coverage here for any reported issues. If you see no reported issues and the coverage should be fine, let us know your postcode and we can take a further look.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Service is fine for both my postal code area (HA5 1TY) and the postal code area I’m calling (IP20 9BU).  I think there may be some periods of momentary signal interference within the building/complex where my friend lives which would explain why we get cut off, but that shouldn’t prevent the delivery of text messages. Perhaps it’s just something in the settings of my friend’s phone.  Unless you have any other ideas, no need to keep pursuing this.  Thank you for your help.

Im having this issue as well today - postcode for the call EH12 9DH and full signal during the call. No service issues on the link above. Just happened at 15.20 or so.

Was calling a mobile starting 077 but is on the 3 network.

Also had it once or twice earlier this week but cant recall where i was then.(still in edinburgh).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @timdog, when the call got cut off, did you receive any sort of automated message at all?

Will

Userlevel 1

I phone an 079 number and mid way through the call I'm interrupted by ID and told that "your service does not allow access to this number” and I’m then cut off.  My texts are also not delivered to this number.  The person I’m calling/texting is located in rural Norfolk.  I’m using an iPhone 6.  Please help.

This started to happen a couple of weeks ago and is now so frequent my boss has asked me to change provider. Is it curable?

Userlevel 1

Sometimes I get your service provider does not provide this service or something but other times it just goes quiet and you realise its gone. It's not a good service to have when you use your phone for calls (sic)

Userlevel 1

Happens on calls to Durham, Suffolk, Wales and Lincoln. I'm on android. Think this is a service provider ie ID problem 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @DR Alice Massey 

This is a known issue affecting a handful of customers currently.  We know internally that this is a high priority incident that is being investigated by our Network Engineers.

We shouldn’t expect it will be too long until this will be fixed at this stage. 

So that we can log this on your account, and potentially help get things resolved sooner, we’ve sent you a private message here now.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. If not resolved quickly, I really will have to changed provider as its affecting my work. I know its not always easy to say how long but please give an indication of timescale as 7 cut outs yesterday were extremely annoying and embarrassing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DR Alice Massey,

I have just replied to your other post and we don’t have an estimated time right now I’m afraid, but we’ll be sure to remain in close contact with you via PM.

Thanks,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?