Question

Can't receive texts

• 12 December 2020
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1

Got a really strange problem. For just the last day or so, I haven’t been receiving any texts, when I know for a fact I’ve been sent several (including from my husband’s and daughter’s phones today as a test - they’re both on different networks). Yet I’m able to send them (again, tested today), and also send and receive calls. Checked local network coverage and can’t see any problems. No other obvious issues with my phone, and yes I’ve tried turning it off and on again etc.

Any ideas anyone?? Any ideas gratefully received, thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello … anyone there? Since the ID website appears to have very limited help beyond a series of FAQs which didn’t address my issue and a chatbot which again was no help, I’m really hoping someone on this community (maybe even someone from ID Mobile if I’m really lucky) might be able to help?

Userlevel 1

Re-posting this as I received no responses at all in the 48 hours since I posted the question originally:

Got a really strange problem. For the last few days, I haven’t been receiving any texts (except, for some reason, just one today), when I know for a fact I’ve been sent many more (including from my husband’s and daughter’s phones today as a test - they’re both on different networks). Yet I’m able to send them (again, tested), and also send and receive calls. Checked local network coverage and can’t see any problems. No other obvious issues with my phone, and yes I’ve tried turning it off and on again etc.

Any ideas anyone?? Any ideas gratefully received, thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for not getting to this one sooner @JillD51 

Had things been working fine prior to noticing this problem recently?

If you message yourself, does that text go through ok and send to yourself fine?

Could we get your home postcode to check for any known issues with the local mast that could be contributing to this?

Userlevel 1

Hello Kevin, thanks for responding. Yes the problem is still ongoing, but the funny thing is, I am receiving the occasional text but only from people who aren’t my regular contacts - e.g. I got a text from a work colleague today who hadn’t texted me before. But if any of my regular contacts text me, I don’t get them. I have double checked that I haven’t accidentally blocked them, and I also cleared out my memory cache in case that was full; and I’ve restarted my phone multiple times.

When I texted myself just now, the message did come back to me, so I received that.

My home postcode is OX5 2LD.

Any ideas?? This is driving me crazy. Thanks for any help you can give.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @JillD51 

Checking in on OX5 2LD.

Outside of a brief period on December 8th where some planned work took place on the local mast, there shouldn’t have been any disruption to the service at all (if even at all on that day).

Are you able to have one of your regular contacts send you a text to see if that comes through immediately or not?

Then.  If possible, could you pop your iD SIM into another phone, and try having them text you again.  Just to see if it comes through immediately on that phone.

That could help us identify if the phone itself is potentially the problem.

What phone is it you’re using with the iD SIM by the way?

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin

Thanks for checking in again. Actually, as of yesterday (i.e. 19th December) I seem to be receiving texts again, including from contacts I hadn’t previously been receiving them from. So, somehow, the problem seems to have resolved itself, but I’ve no idea how as I hadn’t tried anything for several days (as I had run out of things to try). So it looks like I don’t need your help, not for now anyway.

It just makes me nervous, as a problem that suddenly goes away for no apparent reason could, presumably, come back again just as quickly and with no warning. And if the problem is not receiving texts, I might not realize straight away. So ideally I’d still like to know what caused it.

My number is 07905 113368.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Jill

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JillD51 

If you were to experience this issue again, please reset the network settings as this will clear software faults causing you to receive/send text messages.

-Mohsin

I can’t receive text messages for the past three days 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Emmanuel Baafi 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you try the following: 

-Restarting your phone

-Putting your sim in another phone

Please can you also provide us with your postcode so we can check the coverage in your area?

-Mohsin

LS11 0JT 

I have restarted the phone several time, and put the sim in another phone, but still the same issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Emmanuel Baafi 

We can see there was an issue with your local Mast today which was due to end around 3 PM. Are you still having issues receiving text messages?

-Mohsin

Hi, 

Im facing the same issue, not able to send or receive texts. Customer Service not around anymore and no help from chat .

Hi please, I have tried the options, but still not yet working 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @DonPedro 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you provide us with your Postcode so we can look into this. 

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Emmanuel Baafi 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this. To view the message sent, go to your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Hi @Emmanuel Baafi 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this. To view the message sent, go to your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Hi, I haven't received a PM yet! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @DonPedro,

We didn’t say we’d send you one yet, we asked for your postcode so we could run a check on that for you first.

Will

Hey Will,

What do you mean you haven't sent me a message yet? So when are you planning on then, for Christmas!! 

I wouldn't share post code in an open forum, it's not safe, you should know that!

I have reported an issue but there seems to be no urgency involved in sorting, I am still unable to receive messages which is something Im paying for and is becoming unacceptable to be fair.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @DonPedro,

A postcode doesn’t provide an exact address and is something we can ask for on a public forum.

Many other networks also request for postcodes when checking for coverage.

You could advise you didn’t feel comfortable sharing this publicly and this is a separate issue.

Nevertheless, we’ve sent you a PM so we can pick this up privately.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?