Solved

cannot receive incoming calls

Hi. 

Since I started my ID contract in January, I have had problems receiving incoming calls. 95% of the time callers just get a message stating 'caller is unable to accept calls,'

I contacted ID helpdesk months ago and they told me to try my sim in a  different handset. I did and the same issue occurs. I cannot accept calls . I have tried to call my number from a   wide range of mobile providers, including ID mobile numbers , but just get the same message 'unable to accept calls' 

ID mobile acted like this was a new issue but there are so many similar complaints about it.   For months the helpdesk has been closed due to covid 19, but I am so fed up with not being able to receive calls . I have missed important calls regarding jobs, health and family issues. 

I am at a point where if it doesn't get resolved soon ai will just cancel the contract and refuse  to pay any more , as they are not offering me a proper service. 

Any help or advice much appreciated. 

Cheers

Chris 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 23 July 2020, 13:53

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chrisdeath,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with receiving calls.

We’ll try to get some further information on this.

Has the issue always been present?

Are texts affected? Both incoming/outgoing?

Is data usage affected?

How many bars of coverage do you have when the issue ocurrs?

We’re trying to understand if there’s a routing issue or if it’s an issue with coverage that’s causing this.

Mohammed

Hello

The issue has always been present 

Texts are also effected, both in and outwards

I dont think it effects my data usage 

The issue occurs when I have full signal. I checked this by trying to call my phone from another handset  whilst Full signal but it's still happens. 

I would appreciate some swift action to get this resolved. 

Chris. 

Hi .

Abit of further Information...

I have just received a successful call from a local landline. I then tried to call my ID mobile  from a BT mobile and received the usual ' this person is unable to accept calls'  

So a  landline was successful but mobile phone could not connect?!?

Chris. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chrisdeath,

Did you port a number through into our network when you joined?

I’m trying to rule out whether it’s a routing issue or a porting related one.

If you did port a number, please confirm the following:

What happens when you call from the iD SIM

What happens when you text from the iD SIM

What happens when someone calls the ported number - (caller is unable to accept calls,?)

What happens when someone calls the ported number

Please also confirm if this is an iPhone you’re using.

Hi

It didnt port a number, it's the original ID  number and the original Samsung phone I got with the package. 

Chris

Hello mohammed. 

Please clarify if you work for ID mobile? I think its poor that theres no one I can speak to regarding this issue. The call centre should be open now in some capacity  

Please advise if I cancel the contract and direct debit under the supply of goods and services act.its crazy that I have been paying for a service I do not receive. 

Chris. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Chrisdeath , I can confirm that Mohammed and myself both work for iD Mobile. May I ask, have you  tried the SIM card in a different handset to see if the issue persists? Just trying to figure out if it’s the handset or the network that’s the issue.

Cheers,

Will

Hi. 

I have placed my sim in another handset and the same thing happened. Its deffinatly a network issue and I'm fed up of it now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sounds like we’ll need to run this by our Technical Team. We’ll send you a Private Message now to get some details and have this escalated for you @Chrisdeath .

Will

Will.

After 15 days of online communication I think the technical team should have been involved.  This service is very poor and inefficient, I would like to cancel my contract due to the issue  under the supply of goods and services act. 

I AM NOT REPARED TO WAIT ANY LONGER WHILST ID MOBILE FIGURE THE ISSUE OUT. I AM PAYING FULL PRICE FOR MY TARRIF AND NOT RECEIVING A PROPER SERVICE AS EXPECTED WITH A MOBILE PHONE TARRIF. 

please advise how to do this.I have asked this before and been ignored. 

Chris. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chrisdeath,

We’ll discuss this with you via PM as we can’t advise on account-related issues publicly.

Mohammed

Ok please pm me. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I see that’s now taken place @Chrisdeath 

Will

Why iD Mobile?