Question

Cant make or receive calls

When I try to make a call it says 'Your service does not allow this'.  Also cant receive calls however can send and receive texts. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. Have an Android phone and it's worked fine for 2yrs. Any solution?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Checked Three network and no problems in my postcode. 

The phone does not give 5G or 4G as an option, so its not that. 

If the problem with calls continues will need to cancel subscription with ID Mobile and switch to another network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Batjack72 

There could be a few issues preventing the calls from contacting.

Have you exceeded your spending cap?

Are you receiving calls ok?

Is the number included within your monthly allowance? You can view out of plan charges via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

Michelle 

iD Mobile

I have not exceeded spending cap. 

I cannot receive calls either.

I cannot make any type of call including local landline or even to my home landline.

It's very frustrating. I will be cancelling subscription soon if no solution. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Batjack72 

We’ll ensure that we help resolve the issue you are currently experiencing; we do need to ask a few questions to try and determine where the fault is coming from.

Please can you confirm your postcode?

Have you recently changed your handset or are you using the same phone which has been working for the past 2 years?

Have you tested your SIM card in another handset?

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

EH14 1LP

Using same phone as last 2 years.

I haven't tried it in another handset  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Batjack72,

Thank you for that. We can’t see any issues at that address either so the issue may not be coverage related.

Please can you turn your phone off, remove the SIM, replace it and turn the phone on to see if it helps? If that doesn’t make a difference is there another phone available that you can test your SIM card inside of, please?

Ryan

I have taken SIM out and put back in and restarted phone, but it makes no difference.

If I put SIM in another handset it asks for an unlock code which I do not have.

'Your service does not allow access to this number'

This message would indicate it's an ID Mobile issue by the word 'service'.

It worked ok 2 weeks, but not since.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Batjack72,

Thanks for trying that for us. Sometimes just restarting the device or trying the SIM card in another device can help identify the issue. We’ll send you a PM now to help further.

Ryan

This problem was never resolved by ID Mobile and have now moved to a different network operator where everything works fine using same handset. I also tested a further different network operator SIM on the same handset and it worked fine too. 

ID Mobile sent me a new SIM but it had same problem of not being able to make and receive calls. I tested it in a different handset and it gave the same problem. 

Why iD Mobile?