Solved

Coverage

• 14 July 2018
  • 8 replies

Got an iPhone 5s for my daughter for Xmas 2016, am up for an upgrade which is cool for this xmas. Only issue is my daughter has never been able to use the phone away from WiFi because the phone has never had coverage outside of the house. Until now this has not bothered me, but she is starting middle school in September and is going to need a phone I can contact her on
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 July 2018, 16:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Kenpoll,

Welcome to the iD community!

It's concerning to hear that she does not have coverage outside of the house. Does this affect calls and texts as well as the data?

If there is no signal whatsoever, we'd need to look into this further. Please contact our Live Chat team for further assistance as this will need further support.

Ryan
Hi Ryan

will keep her phone with me tomorrow and take snapshots of signal in various locations, for the most part she uses snapchat and WhatsApp with her cousins for messaging. Will see what happens, your coverage checker says it should be perfect for where we live.

cheers

ken
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Ryan

will keep her phone with me tomorrow and take snapshots of signal in various locations, for the most part she uses snapchat and WhatsApp with her cousins for messaging. Will see what happens, your coverage checker says it should be perfect for where we live.

cheers

ken

Just message us here with an update @Kenpoll when you have one.

Mohammed
Hi people

kept phone with me all day, Tues 17th. Phone would on average have one bar of signal when I stopped while out. Would attempt to make a call/text and signal would drop completely before completing either task!

So, as it stands as far as I can figure the phone cannot be used outside the house away from WiFi.

best regards

ken
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Kenpoll,

Looks like we may need to get this raised once we have access to your account.

If you could check your PM's I've messaged you with how we can resolve this.

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed

guessing you have PM me to the parent app?? App has not worked for 4 days, just sticks on load screen.

regards

Ken
Also thought I should add the faulty no. in question.

Removed personal number

please keep in mind that this is my daughters phone, so I would appreciate that you give me a heads up before doing anything you need to do to correct the issue.

regards

ken
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Also thought I should add the faulty no. in question.

Removed personal number

please keep in mind that this is my daughters phone, so I would appreciate that you give me a heads up before doing anything you need to do to correct the issue.

regards

ken

Hello @Kenpoll,

Please do not post account information or personal information here as this is a public forum view-able by anyone.

By PM, I am referring to Private Message.

I have sent you a Private Message here on your Community account with how we can resolve this.

If you click the profile icon in the top right corner and click Private Messages, you can check this there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?