Question

coverage checker wrong or settings?

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Not sure what is happening here .. I took a contract out with ID in December I checked the coverage checker and says excellent coverage so went ahead with the order . Got my pixel 5 and as I had just over a month left of my EE contact i just used that until it run out .  Today I've popped my ID sim in my phone and I'm not sure if there's any settings I need to adjust or any settings ID need to send to my phone but I can't get 4g , my status bar says it's 4g but every speed test app I've run all say 3g and getting less than 1mbs , I've looked in settings and selected 4g as the pixel does have 5g option but no difference at all .. also outside the status bar says h+ that's a little better but still about 3 or 4mbs ..anyone got any ideas or is this standard practice for ID to state excellent service but it's not ?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @sparkyjon,

Sorry to hear that this is happening.

Have you got the full postcode for us?

I’ll run a check to see what the coverage is like at the local masts for 4G.

Maybe they could be impacted by an outage.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed 

I've now spoken to customer services and received a text yesterday saying they have noted the issue and trying to resolve it .. there doesn't seem to be any local problems and I think the solution may be the sim card sent , possibly sent a 3g SIM instead of 4g or the phone which is a pixel 5 ..as of now I still can't get 4g only H or H+ outside ..

Thanks for reply 

Jon

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Let us know if you’re still in need of help after anything our Live Chat Team have tried with @sparkyjon 

If need be, we can send a private message on here and take a look from our side at anything or provide any follow up updates as needed if problems continue.

Why iD Mobile?