Question

Coverage in Lancaster

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi.  My son at Lancaster Uni moved to IDMobile from Vodafone in December.  When he is in Lancaster the phone shows he has 4g but it doesnt work and connectivity cuts out.  I’ve checked the network status and coverage checker and all looks fine but it isnt working for him.  Anyone any ideas?  Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @johnblackshaw8,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Just to ensure that it’s not a handset issue is it possible to try the SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference?

Kash

Hi Kash,

My son’s friends Dad who is also with ID experiences the same issue when they go into Lancaster town centre.  It works fine to a point then however as they get closer to the centre it stops even though it shows 4g and they have a different phone altogether.  It is almost like a black spot.  He lives on Cable Street in the centre but coverage and network status all show as working fine.

If we cannot find a solution we would need to change contract to another supplier as at the moment we are paying for part of a service that isnt available.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @johnblackshaw8, the online coverage checker is based on computer models, designed to predict the most likely signal level at any given location.

Some real world situations aren’t modelled with 100% accuracy, so it’s always best to get a PAYG SIM and check in the locations, where you use device a lot, before deciding to switch networks.

At least you know Vodafone works well there - anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?