Solved

Data Roaming

• 6 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I know that the primary reason for using data roaming is when your travelling abroad.

I have poor signal using my ID sim card where I'd constantly have full bars with my previous provider.

In my phone settingsĀ I've enable data roaming and under the select network operators manually setting more UK networks have popped up.

Does this mean If I set it to automatic that I can use other UK network operators in areas that I'd otherwise have a poor signal with ID, if so would this incur additional charges as UK isĀ not listed withinĀ the band 1 or 2 countries list.

Or is data roaming strictly for abroad and has no effect within your own country?

Had 4 bars with EE and now I have 1 bar in pretty much every location, this is a brand new sim/handset with a transferred number so possibly a faulty sim?

Ā 

icon

Best answer by Rory 7 August 2022, 10:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Ā 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jordan Barlow, there are no network issues atĀ BL4 7SE currently, according to Threeā€™s systems, and the coverage checker says you should get good signal indoors and out.

Data roaming is strictly for use abroad; it doesnā€™t allow you to use other UK networks.

Iā€™d suggest this might be a faulty SIM.Ā Iā€™d recommend speaking toĀ theĀ Facebook,Ā TwitterĀ orĀ Live ChatĀ teams whoĀ can have a replacement sent out.

Ā 

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?