Question

Extremely Poor Network Coverage at Home

• 13 October 2021
  • 6 replies

My husband and I are both with ID. We have recently moved house and even though we didn’t have problems in our old place, the reception is extremely poor in the new house so we can’t make/receive calls or send/receive texts or connect to the mobile network for internet (it just says no service), which has been very frustrating to say the least, especially since I work from home full time.

I’ve checked the network coverage on the Three website and there doesn’t seem to be any issue so is there any. Is there any way to resolve this since we’re paying for a service we’re not getting?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Elisia,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues at your new address. We cannot guarantee coverage at a home address if a move has taken place but that being said, we can still investigate this issue further as there may be a mast issue if the coverage checker is all clear.

Do you mind sharing your postcode so we can check the status of the network masts serving your area?

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thank you for looking into this. My postcode is L12 7HU

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thank you for that @Elisia.

I have checked the network status in further detail for that location and the network masts look to be operating as normal. It has been reported however, that the indoor coverage is “marginal” which means you may experience low levels of coverage when indoors around that location. I would recommend going to the phone’s network settings and searching for a network operator manually rather than having it set to automatic; choose iD Mobile from the list when the search ends. This way, the phone will connect to the strongest mast available.

If you have a Wi-Fi connection available at home, we would recommend using Wi-Fi calling if your device supports this feature. More information can be found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thank you for checking and the advice. Unfortunately both ID networks I could see have no network connections. In any case, my contract's almost finished so I'll just switch provider. Too bad my husband's still has over a year to go.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’re sorry to hear that @Elisia, but understand your decision if you feel you can get better coverage elsewhere.

Will

Thanks, Will. Vodafone and O2 seem to be working fine in the house so not sure why ID has issues here.

Why iD Mobile?