Question

Hi everyone, A few days ago my samsung Galaxy core prime failed when sending text messages. I receive messages OK

Userlevel 1

A few days ago my samsung Galaxy core prime failed when sending text messages. I receive messages OK. I am using the messages app that was on the phone when I got it. I trie the SIM in an Xgody S10 and get the same problem.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey Kevin, sounds like it’s not a phone issue, so we can rule that out. Definitely sounds like an account issue. Does your plan include unlimited texts? If not, could it be that you’ve hit your limit?

Are you trying to send a normal SMS, or is it to a premium service or overseas number? If it’s either of the latter, ensure Premium services are enabled in your iD Mobile app, and also that your bill cap isn’t preventing you from sending chargeable texts.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I managed to get my text messages sorted out, the problem was the phone number for the smsc was missing. i now cannot get connected to the internet using the cellular data on my phone. it could be my internet is off until I get a new router today. Many thanks for replying.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Kevin Cheeseman,

Are you using Samsung Messages app or Google Messages app?

If you’re using the Samsung app, next time you have app issues try the Samsung mobile support team - hopefully you won’t need to.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply. I managed to get my text messages sorted out, the problem was the phone number for the smsc was missing. i now cannot get connected to the internet using the cellular data on my phone. it could be my internet is off until I get a new router today. Many thanks for replying.

Userlevel 1

Many thanks for all the replies. The messaging issue was the smsc phone number wasn’t there. I put in the phone number and everything worked OK. The cellular data issue was caused by the APN info was incorrect. I went to idmobile APN settings on the internet and used the recommended settings. Everything then worked as it should.

Why iD Mobile?