Question

Increasing the time that my phone rings to more than 30 seconds

• 30 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I do not use my voicemail it is switched off.  Is it possible to increase the time that my phone rings to greater than the 30 seconds which it is at the moment, ideally to about 1 minute as 30 seconds is not sufficient time to answer many calls as you have to finish whatever you are doing and get to and find your phone as you do not always have it on you.  Also is it possible to have some sort of announcement instead of the phone just cutting off?

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So @cjmaynard, I’ve noticed on the iD network , it seems if a call is not answered within around 35 seconds, the caller is cut-off/disconnected.

I believe this is a network setting, but the network is provided by Three (iD Mobile’s network partner). Getting this network setting changed would be a Herculean task.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cjmaynard 

By default the ringer can last 30 seconds, this unfortunately can’t be changed to go longer but can be changed to go shorter.

To make a change you will need to dial **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like it to ring for and then add a # symbol to the end.

For example, to change the time to 15 seconds, you will have to dial the following

**61*123**15#

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @cjmaynard 

By default the ringer can last 30 seconds, this unfortunately can’t be changed to go longer but can be changed to go shorter.

To make a change you will need to dial **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like it to ring for and then add a # symbol to the end.

For example, to change the time to 15 seconds, you will have to dial the following

**61*123**15#

Tom

Thanks @Tom, is there a list of the devices, which support this procedure?
It doesn’t appear to work with an iPhone. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @andewhite, these are the instructions we’re always provided by the Tech Team. I’ve sent an email to them now and have asked them to clarify if these are universal or if they should be tailored across devices. I’ll get back to you here as soon as I can.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite, these are the instructions we’re always provided by the Tech Team. I’ve sent an email to them now and have asked them to clarify if these are universal or if they should be tailored across devices. I’ll get back to you here as soon as I can.

Thank you,

Rory

Thank you @Rory, these shortcuts used to work reliably before ‘smartphones’ were invented.

I don’t believe these codes work on many of the iPhone or Android handsets used nowadays.

Hopefully, the Tech Team will clear this up.

Why iD Mobile?