Question

Is there anything ID Mobile will do about my awful 4G signal near work?

• 27 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Can ID Mobile do anything in regards to my poor experience? For example, will there be any improvement to the 4G signal when the 5G infrastructure will be adopted by the network?

My internet signal has been poor in general since I got out my phone contract with ID Mobile, but the signal at my workplace in particular has been nothing short of appalling.

I work in a busy area of Leeds and I can barely even load social media on my lunch breaks, even when going as far as a 15 minute walk out of the area.

In fact, on my drive home, my Google Maps app has to direct me via offline data and only fully connects and updates my route once I have driven a considerable distance away. 

I feel like I have been cheated into a 2 year contract as I checked the internet coverage (both at my work and home addresses) prior to making the purchase, and it told me it was very good. This was obviously a lie told to hoodwink me into being locked down for two years.

I cannot make a return since my 30 day period has long since expired and I very much doubt ID mobile will care about trying to make it right now that they are locked in to getting my payments for the next two years. All I can hope for now is that improvements will be made to coverage and signal?

Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @as93lfc 

We are sorry to hear that. Please provide us with your Postcode so we can have a look into this on our end?

-Mohsin

Hi @as93lfc 

We are sorry to hear that. Please provide us with your Postcode so we can have a look into this on our end?

-Mohsin

Thank you for your reply,

My work postcode is LS9 7TF.

As alluded to before, it is literally unusable there, but also very poor in general wherever I am.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @as93lfc,

Thanks for confirming that for us.

I’ve checked the postcode LS9 7TF and found that the area is showing Excellent Outdoor coverage and Good Indoor coverage.

There was some planned work in early December on the 3rd - 8th but nothing since at the 3G mast.

For the 4G mast there was some planned work on the 25th but we’d expect this to have been completed by now.

Have you tried switching to 3G only to see if this helps?

We’d also recommend trying the SIM card in a different handset as there are no coverage issues showing which leads me to believe either a faulty handset or SIM.

Can you test this for us?

Mohammed

I tried switching to 3G and it was even worse. 4G was loading but extremely slowly, while 3G completely failed.

I don’t have a spare phone laying around so I can’t test that at the moment, but I don’t see how it would be my handset that is faulty in only a specific location? Surely it would be a completely dead signal 100% of the time, as opposed to generally quite poor but extremely poor in a particular location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @as93lfc,

Testing the SIM in another phone rules out any handset issues and one of the things the TechTeam usually ask us to check.

No worries, we’ll send you a PM so we can look into this a little further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?