Solved

Lack of customer support, lack of coverage, want to cancel my contract!

• 20 September 2020
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been back-and-forth with “customer service” (ha!) for literal months now, only to be told in my recent email I need to now use this forum, so whatever here I am…

When I took out my contract last October, everything was fine. Problems only began about January-February time where the quality of service DROPPED. Significantly. To the point I often get 0 bars of service when previously I was getting 4 or 5 bars. My mum is also on the same network (but with Three) and has the same problems as me. Can’t make or receive calls from home, sometimes not even outside.

To avoid any needless questions:

• yes, we’ve both tried using wi-fi calling; that usually gives me an additional bar, from 0 to 1 or 1 to 2, but it NEVER goes above 2 bars so it doesn’t help at all
  • yes, we tried the ‘put your sim card in another phone to rule out a faulty handset’ trick
  • the coverage map promises excellent service in my area both indoors & out so essentially ID aren’t keeping up with their end of the contract

...which is why I want my contract cancelled. I’ve had enough. I’ve spent way too many days stressed out of my mind trying & failing to make important phone calls (we don’t have a landline anymore) and I’m ready to say sod it and go back to my old provider!

icon

Best answer by Ryan 22 September 2020, 16:32

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @am93,

We are sorry to hear about your coverage issue, this is not what we like to see. We will arrange for a member of our Support Team to PM you now.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I am having exactly the same issue… I used to get fine coverage in my house and now it’s patchy and keeps cutting out. Really unhelpful as I’m working from home and I can’t get through to anyone to try talk this through. Yes I’ve ruled out the handset, wifi doesn’t help because our internet is patchy too and coverage map says it should be fine. What is happening?!?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @seahhorse,

If it’s happened all of a sudden, it may be the case that we’re performing maintenance in your area. If you drop us a postcode, we’ll happily take a look into this for you.

Will

Userlevel 1

It’s been happening gradually over he last two months and has been terrible the last week. And it’s all over Bristol. Not just in my house which is BS5 6TU. Have had a message chat and am going to try a replacement SIM.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

OK, that sounds like a good thing to try @seahhorse.

Please let us know how you get on with the new SIM card once it arrives and we’ll take it from there.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’m having the same issue - No coverage indoors at my home, I can't use my phone for the purpose intended. Super frustrating as, I’m stuck without being able to make or receive calls while I’m doing a job search. I’m not getting the service I’ve signed up for. How do I cancel my contract? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Orla, I understand we’ve been in touch via Twitter, and unfortunately the indoor coverage at your new address isn’t optimal. As advised, you may wish to use Wi-Fi when at home.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi @iD Mobile 

The Wifi calling does not work either, so I’ve no way of making or receiving calls. I’m not getting the service I have signed up for. Can I please get an update as to when the connectivity issues will be resolved in my area. 

Regards,

Orla

Userlevel 1

Your network is crap your customer service is even worse joke off a network joined 2 months ago either use offer me a lower price per month or cancel my contract 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Francis Mc Cool,

What seems to be the issues that you are having? If you can provide some further information we may be able to assist further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have had the same issues for the last year. With one year to officially go on the contract. It’s the worse reception/internet & calling issues. Never get more than 2 bars inside & out , in london & Birmingham…2 of the biggest cities in England yet no working phone! I have logged this with the first month of getting the contract & it’s been not stop issues for a year with the last month getting considerably worse. I have logged a complain under reference 318499725, but it’s now been over 2 weeks & no follow up! I did call to check in on it a week & half ago they said they are still looking into it. I’m insisting on a fee free cancel if contract with anything left to pay waived due to my awful experience for a year. Can you follow up & call me instead of me chasing you! 
thank you 

Rafiya

Userlevel 1

I have had the same issues for the last year. With one year to officially go on the contract. It’s the worse reception/internet & calling issues. Never get more than 2 bars inside & out , in london & Birmingham…2 of the biggest cities in England yet no working phone! I have logged this with the first month of getting the contract & it’s been not stop issues for a year with the last month getting considerably worse. I have logged a complain under reference 318499725, but it’s now been over 2 weeks & no follow up! I did call to check in on it a week & half ago they said they are still looking into it. I’m insisting on a fee free cancel if contract with anything left to pay waived due to my awful experience for a year. Can you follow up & call me instead of me chasing you! 
thank you 

Rafiya

I got out of the contract way back in January. No hassle they got me to send the phone back within a week my contract was ended i had a final bill and my number was turned into pay as you go. I paid the final bill which was for that month then ported out.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. But as Iv been paying for the phone & it’s been a year , it’s not fair to ask for the phone bavk as i would have already paid for 50% of this with a year to go. I am hoping they let me cancel & kept the mobile seen as Iv had so many issues & been patient even with the amount of issues I have had. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Rafiya Mirza

Unfortunately we can’t advise on your complaint at the moment but we can certainly take a look into it if you would like?

If our Technical Team are still investigating the issue, we would need to wait for them to complete the investigation before we can advise further.

Our Complaints Team would usually send an email or SMS once the investigation is completed.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks. But as Iv been paying for the phone & it’s been a year , it’s not fair to ask for the phone bavk as i would have already paid for 50% of this with a year to go. I am hoping they let me cancel & kept the mobile seen as Iv had so many issues & been patient even with the amount of issues I have had. 

Aw right I only had the contract 2 months.

I’ve got the same issue, no coverage and Wi-Fi  calling doesn’t work at all. Want to cancel but there seems to be no way of getting human contact even via chat have had no responses? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @iHop,

Are you wanting to cancel within the returns period?

Is the phone not working no matter where you go? This could be an issue with the handset or SIM as opposed to a network fault.

How long have you had these issues?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed how long is the returns period? The main problem I have is that Wi-Fi calling doesn’t work, the phones wifi calling feature works using a different sim so it’s not the phone, have you enabled the sim correctly? Can you send another? Without Wi-Fi calling I would have to cancel and return as there is not network coverage at my home on three’s network

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Mohammed how long is the returns period? The main problem I have is that Wi-Fi calling doesn’t work, the phones wifi calling feature works using a different sim so it’s not the phone, have you enabled the sim correctly? Can you send another? Without Wi-Fi calling I would have to cancel and return as there is not network coverage at my home on three’s network

Hey @iHop,

We can send another SIM but I don’t think this is an issue with the SIM but rather the firmware.

Did you purchase the device from us directly?

Returns period is 14-days if you purchased from Currys /Carphone Warehouse or Mobiles.co.uk

30-days if you purchased from us directly.

Mohammed

It was purchased via mobiles.co.uk

how can it be a firmware issue if the devise Wi-Fi calling works with my wife’s SIM? I have also put my ID sim into my previous iPhone and Wi-Fi calling again doesn’t work. This previous phone worked fine for Wi-Fi calling with Vodafone sim?

if you send new sim and I go over the 14 days I assume I can still return the phone if it doesn’t work as I will have been waiting on ID to resolve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @iHop,

We can get a replacement SIM sent out or you can collect one from your local Curry’s SIM.

Please let us know which you would prefer?

Unfortunately we can’t extend the returns period as it wasn’t purchased from us.

Kash

Currys didn’t give that option. So I am leaving you, phone is on its way back to mobiles.co.uk

nearly 2 weeks without Wi-Fi calling has been a nightmare for me. You need to take these complaints way more seriously and act way more quickly. Looking forward to the argument about my bill if I get one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @iHop,

Sorry to hear you’re returning the contract and that Currys did not provide this option to you.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Mohammed

I’ve been back-and-forth with “customer service” (ha!) for literal months now, only to be told in my recent email I need to now use this forum, so whatever here I am…

When I took out my contract last October, everything was fine. Problems only began about January-February time where the quality of service DROPPED. Significantly. To the point I often get 0 bars of service when previously I was getting 4 or 5 bars. My mum is also on the same network (but with Three) and has the same problems as me. Can’t make or receive calls from home, sometimes not even outside.

To avoid any needless questions:

• yes, we’ve both tried using wi-fi calling; that usually gives me an additional bar, from 0 to 1 or 1 to 2, but it NEVER goes above 2 bars so it doesn’t help at all
  • yes, we tried the ‘put your sim card in another phone to rule out a faulty handset’ trick
  • the coverage map promises excellent service in my area both indoors & out so essentially ID aren’t keeping up with their end of the contract

...which is why I want my contract cancelled. I’ve had enough. I’ve spent way too many days stressed out of my mind trying & failing to make important phone calls (we don’t have a landline anymore) and I’m ready to say sod it and go back to my old provider!

Good to hear it's not just me. They make cancelling so difficult, have to use the app which has been inaccessible for 3 days. Before then it's unusable due to the network not having enough bandwidth to support the number of users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff Rouse 

I’m sorry to hear this, you’ll be able to cancel via the app/website (try the alternative if one isn’t working) or getting in touch with us.

If you’d like us to get in touch here, please let us know.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?