Solved

Last two days unrealizable network coverage

I have been with ID for a few months and been really happy, network is okay. I seldom see 4G on the bar and it often just shows H+ but speed seems fine but I did wonder about that.  

However, the last two days all of a sudden the network is terrible, especially at work ( CV34 4AB ), network should be pretty good according to the network checker. I often only have Emergency calling then it’s okay then gone again.  

I have a Pixel 3A and tired to following:

• Restarted
  • Reset  Network Setting (losing stored WIFI passwords and Bluetooth paired list :( ) 
  • Checked ID access point: Seems okay according to a list I found on here. 
  • Checked condition of the simcard, seems fine

I have not yet tried the sim in another phone but is there anything else I can try for now? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 30 June 2022, 15:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Kruizinga, three (iD Mobile’s network partner) are working in your area - see below:

Check online yourself at www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.

That’s great news, it means I am not losing my mind and the phone is fine, thanks for the info I am sure this will be done in the next few hours/days and hopefully have a better network then before. 

Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kruizinga, this planned improvement works will probably take weeks, not days or hours, to complete. 

In addition, three (iD Mobile’s network partner) announced they’ll be turning OFF their 3G network by the end of 2024. Works to do this may affect your network service at a later date.

Okay @Kruizinga, this planned improvement works will probably take weeks, not days or hours, to complete. 

In addition, three (iD Mobile’s network partner) announced they’ll be turning OFF their 3G network by the end of 2024. Works to do this may affect your network service at a later date.

That’s not so great, thanks for the information. Not much to do about that I guess, other than switching providers. My work phone is Vodaphone and that network as always been poor here. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @Kruizinga, all the UK mobile networks will be working on their network infrastructure over the next few years, as they all need to roll-out 5G upgrades and switch-off their 2G & 3G networks.

Three (iD’s partner) never operated a 2G network, so they’ve got less to decommission.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi I have similar issue. My phone  (Nokia, android 11) was working fine until yesterday when I noticed I don't have access to the network...no calls,text or data. I have restarted my phone- no change.

My IDmobile SIM works fine on a different phone (android 10).

My phone works fine with other network sim. 

Can anyone help pls?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi I have similar issue. My phone  (Nokia, android 11) was working fine until yesterday when I noticed I don't have access to the network...no calls,text or data. I have restarted my phone- no change.

My IDmobile SIM works fine on a different phone (android 10).

My phone works fine with other network sim. 

Can anyone help pls?

Visit www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support and check for problems at your location.

Maybe try downloading the settings for your Nokia again, from:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?