Question

Mobile data turned off by operator

• 11 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

New to iD and at work for the first time today since getting the new contract- I’ve gone SIM only, previously having used this phone with o2 for the last 2 years and no problems. I’m now getting a notification every two minutes or so that says ‘No mobile data service. Temporarily turned off by your operator’. Have tried turning mobile data on and off from settings and restarted my phone but still keep getting the notification, it’s not even 9am yet and it’s already driving me mad! I’ve checked the coverage map and it shows good indoor and outdoor 4G signal in my location, does anyone have any ideas? Have i just got a dodgy SIM?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

This sounds very odd @Leaves 

Has this been happening everywhere, or just in certain locations?

It would be helpful to us to check your postcode for any known coverage issues potentially affecting your area.

Could you get in touch with our Customer Services Team through one of the following:

Dialling 0333 003 7777 for our Customer Services Team.

Reaching our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/?ref=br_rs)

Twitter (https://twitter.com/iD_Mobile_UK)

If you're choosing to email us, please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Thanks

I have got exactly the same issue as this today. I signed up to the unlimited data/texts/minutes deal for NHS workers earlier in the week, so don’t know if it is a hitch linked with this? But instead of unlimited data I am now left with no data :rage: and no way of getting through to someone at ID mobile to fix it. 

Very frustrating, and I’m on-call this weekend in the hospital…

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’re aware of an issue affecting signal yesterday that has now been resolved. Is your data working as expected again now @ermumford ?

Will

I am also getting this today.

It started about 30 mins ago. 

Are there issues?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Alisonhood 

We are sorry to hear this. Are you able to make & receive calls and texts and use your data? 

-Mohsin

Text and phone calls are OK but not great signal strength. However the message that the mobile data was temporarily switched off came repeatedly all evening and I could not use data.

It seems to have stopped for the moment as I am using data to write this

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Alisonhood 

Are you still getting this message today? Please can you reset your network settings on your phone? If you have an Android device, you can do this by going into Settings > About Phone > Reset > Reset network settings. If you have an Apple phone, go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.

Let us know if you are still getting the same message coming through after trying this reset.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?