Solved

Multiple text problem

• 20 December 2019
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

New IPhone 6 sends texts in triplicate - each text is sent 3 times and tells me that the text is undelivered.  Have turned the phone off and back on again, taken sim out and put it back and have reset network settings.  Can’t use 7777 - lnog story.  Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Suspect this is a rare problem.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 August 2020, 17:46

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @keithmac,

This is a very rare problem! Does the issue happen if you were to place your SIM card into another phone and then send a text message? 

Also, is this happening when you send text messages to any contact or just a certain one?

Ryan

Not so rare it seems.The same thing happens with my phone..to different recipients..don't have another phone to test the sim but never experienced this with any other provider. Has happened continuously since start of contract few months ago. 

Thanks

John

I have this same problem, and have had it since I signed up to ID in September 2019...any resolutions ? 

Thanks 

Kate

Badge +10

iphone users stop using iMessages - turn off iMessages and then turn it back on again!

android users stop using third party messaging apps, that’s generally the problem there.

Always use the built in messaging app that comes with the mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Let us know how you get on.

In some cases, the issue relates to mostly iMessage and not having the correct number in place.

1)    Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

I’m having this same issue, but am on a Fairphone (android) and am using the base messaging system that comes with the phone.  Any tips for android users? @Mohammed 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @SouthseaMum 

Have you recently switched over to ID, or have you been with us for a while?

Could we get the full make and model of the phone you’re using?

Do you end up with this multiple text problem with everyone you text?  or just one particular network in question?

I’ve been with ID for a few years.

I’ve got a Fairphone 3.

I get text repeats from several people (but not all), but these people are on different networks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @SouthseaMum,

Is it you receiving the multiple texts that they’re sending, or is it them receiving multiple texts that you’re sending?

Will

Both

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Is the Fairphone 3 you mentioned a new phone you’ve started using with the iD SIM @SouthseaMum?

Had you ever been using another phone before with iD to which you hadn’t had these issues?

Has the problem been happening recent enough that you still have a few examples showing in your message history that could help us have this investigated with our Tech Team if needed?
If not, please start to make a note of when these happen for us and we can send you a private message on here to get this checked by our Tech Team.

I’ve had it for quite a while and always used an iD SIM with it, and the issue has only started to happen in the last month or so.

I think I’ve only got one example that’s still stored on my phone, but I can start logging them and yes, please let me know how I can pass that onto the Tech Team if that’s something they might be able to help with.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @SouthseaMum,

Thanks for that information. Does this happen with every text you send and if so, does it happen to every contact? 
Also, would you be able to put the SIM card inside another phone to see if the problem is replicated?

If the issue is still present and you have further examples, we will be able to investigate further via PM using those details.

Ryan

Hi,

I’m having this exact same problem. I recently started an ID Mobile contract with an iPhone 11, transferred my previous phone number over, and since then every time I send a text message it says it’s undelivered but my recipient will receive three separate messages.

• I’ve turned off iMessage
  • I’ve restarted my phone

Can someone please help me solve this issue? 

Thanks, Mark.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

I’m having this exact same problem. I recently started an ID Mobile contract with an iPhone 11, transferred my previous phone number over, and since then every time I send a text message it says it’s undelivered but my recipient will receive three separate messages.

• I’ve turned off iMessage
  • I’ve restarted my phone

Can someone please help me solve this issue? 

Thanks, Mark.

Hey Mark,

Have you tried this:

In some cases, the issue relates to mostly iMessage and not having the correct number in place.

6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mohammed

Mohammed, thank you so much. I had this issue with a new iPhone on iD. I followed the steps you have listed and it appears to have solved the problem, thanks again, Ian

Userlevel 1

This is an old thread

but just like to comment i had this problem since joining Id

i tried different things

and it seems my iphone 10 has saved the number that came with sim card

not my number that i kept from EE

once i changed it in the settinga

its stopped sending three texts and doesnt say failed anymore

hope this helps anyone

Another thumbs up. This is still helpful!

Number 3/4 from the list fixed my mum's messaging problems as described. It was the wrong phone number setting...I did number 1 and 2 first, so do those as well if number 3 doesn't fix it. Thanks

This exact same thing happens with both of my sons phones

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @keithmac,

You could also try an iOS upgrade if you aren’t already using the latest iOS version for your iPhone 6.

If you have purchased a pre-owned iPhone 6, the previous owner might not have removed the phone from their iCloud account, which will cause you problems.

Anyway, good luck! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @Pamela Stevenson welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that your sons phone is having problems with texts. Have you tried the suggestions made by my colleagues in this thread?

Why iD Mobile?