Question

Nn7 no signal

Is anybody else suffering from having no signal in the NN7  area. Normally pretty good indoors and out, but haven't had anything for days. Makes it very difficult for multi factor authentication for banking when they send your phone a code. 

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Granville 

Sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried using our Coverage Checker:  https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker 

That should keep you up to date on any ongoing or known issues in the area.

Please let us know if you still have issues after this. 

Thanks 

Aklima 

Badge +10

@Granville

Turning airplane mode on and then off can sometimes fix network issues such as this…

Hope that helps

Thanks Terry. No joy. Whether it is significant or not, when the phone starts. I get the message 'no sim card-no service'. Which does disappear, and becomes just 'no service'. Any ideas? Sony Xperia Compact. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Granville 

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. 

Have you tried putting your sim in another phone? 

Aklima 

Not possible i am afraid. 

Badge +10

@Granville turn off the mobile again and take out the sim card clean it with a dry cloth and put it back in see if that resolves the issue… sometimes the sim card slot doesn’t seat properly in those mobiles! Try to avoid grease from you fingers on the card if at all possible.

Thanks again Terry. I have tried everything i can think of. Even put some tape on the underside of the sim to try and force a contact. No service all of the way. :(

Badge +10

@Granville you might need a replacement sim, please send private message to one of the active iD Mobile Employees on this forum for further help

Thanks again Terry. Emailed them as suggested by Aklima, any idea what the response time is at the moment? Tempted to order a 30day sim for 3.99 to check the handset out to be honest. Thoughts? 

Badge +10

@Granville 24hours response time, at weekends it could be a little longer.

To be honest the replacement sim is worth waiting for as orders placed currently could be delayed with the staff shortages, just hang in there!

Why iD Mobile?