Question

No calls, SMS, downloads

• 12 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I've been with ID mobile for 9 months on a Google Pixel 5. At some point in the last 24 hours my text messages started showing as unsent (but are being received), I can't receive text messages (unless I restart my phone, then they come in when it's restarted but I won't receive new ones). I tried updating the SMS app but it won't update, which led me to discover that I can't actually download anything. Plenty of storage left, so that's not an issue. My phone rings but I can't answer and I can start an outgoing call but it won't connect *sigh* 

I've restarted my phone, taken the SIM out and restarted, tried updating apps, checked for phone updates. I'm at loss now on what what I can do. Any help appreciated!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alchemy09,

Have you recently updated your software at all?

It’s odd that all of this has just started happening recently.

The text issue could be related to Android Messaging. Have you got Chat Features turned on?

It’s possible this could be causing the messages not being received or to send. Sometimes having multiple messengers can affect this.

When you say “can’t download anything” what happens when you try to run an update or download a new app? 

Have you tried the SIM in another handset at all to see if this makes a difference?

Alternatively, also test a new SIM in your phone.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?