Solved

No incoming communications

Hi, just wondering whether anyone can help with this! Just realised that my phone is not receiving any incoming telephone calls or text messages but I can make phone calls and sent texts. When people try and call me it says number is not recognised. Has anyone come across this before? Thanks
icon

Best answer by stephen_gibb 7 September 2018, 15:59

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @ewalker,

Welcome to the iD community!

That is a strange issue, have you ported your number into our network at all since this issue started to happen? Also, it might sound simple but rebooting the phone can often resolve this sort of issue.

Ryan
I've been with iD for about a month and all has been fine until now. The same thing is happening to me, it's been 3 days unable to receive calls or text messages, I've reported it as a fault but not resolved yet. Have tried powering down, removing SIM. The caller is getting the same unobtainable tone when trying to call whether the phone is switched on or off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Helloian,

What does the Coverage Checker show for your postcode?

Mohammed
Coverage checker shows'excellent service' and I have no problem with making a call or sending a text, and my data is fine. I just cannot receive any calls or text messages - try sending a message to my number or ringing it? I have reported the fault over the phone and via 'chat' on the weekend so this should be logged.
Outgoing calls and texts work fine, number ported from virgin 4weeks ago, all working fine till Thursday last week. Changed SIM to other phone, reset network settings, powered phone on /off with and without sim,network coverage excellent, still the same problem. A text came through last night from a friend on 3 network, checked with another friend on idmobile and text are received, please help

EDIT: I've merged your topic here as there is already a discussion relating to this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Coverage checker shows'excellent service' and I have no problem with making a call or sending a text, and my data is fine. I just cannot receive any calls or text messages - try sending a message to my number or ringing it? I have reported the fault over the phone and via 'chat' on the weekend so this should be logged.

Hello Helloian,

What happens when you text your own number?

Does this go through and is received by your own number?

Mohammed
Hi
If I text my own number I receive the message. As I said previously, it appears i can receive incoming from anyone on ID or 3, but no other network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi
If I text my own number I receive the message. As I said previously, it appears i can receive incoming from anyone on ID or 3, but no other network.

Hello @Helloian,

We're going to need to look into this one a little further and won't be able to resolve it through general troubleshooting here.

I've PMed you with some information on how we can get this resolved.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I have a similar issue, roaming in France. I can make calls, send and receive texts, use data, no problem, but incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Roaming and International are turned on in My services. Only wifi calling works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have a similar issue, roaming in France. I can make calls, send and receive texts, use data, no problem, but incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Roaming and International are turned on in My services. Only wifi calling works.

Hey @stephen_gibb,

It's a bit different when Roaming as we can't check into any coverage for the masts internationally.

What about incoming text messages, do these go through?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the response. Yes, everything works fine apart from incoming calls and, as per my previous message, the workaround for that is to enable wifi calling. I was wondering if it could have been a configuration issue on my account, but as per your message it could be a local issue? I also have French and US mobiles which work fine from the same location, though I've not verified whether it could be network-specific (there being three national mobile networks in France).
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for the response. Yes, everything works fine apart from incoming calls and, as per my previous message, the workaround for that is to enable wifi calling. I was wondering if it could have been a configuration issue on my account, but as per your message it could be a local issue? I also have French and US mobiles which work fine from the same location, though I've not verified whether it could be network-specific (there being three national mobile networks in France).

Hello @stephen_gibb,

If this is working it sounds more like a signal issue oddly enough.

Let us know when you're home, try testing the service there and give us a shout to see how you get on.

Mohammed

I'm having the same problem. I have a OnePlus 3003 phone and have been unable to receive incoming calls since midday. Have restarted the phone, tried calling it from a landline and from a mobile over a few miles radius. Landline message is number unknown. Mobile call just cuts out. No record of call in phone. Texts not coming through

I’m having the same issue with my Samsung j6, not been able to receive texts or calls all day. Texting, calls out and wi-fi all working fine. Text my own number from my phone and it comes through fine too. Calls from mobiles cutting off and getting a “call ended”

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Lazytrader, @sbigblood 

There were some temporary issues affecting select areas yesterday that should have passed now from what I’ve heard.

Are things better today?

Yes, a text sent to me at 19:19 came through at 11.23PM last night 

Hi, 

I have the same issue.

I can make calls, but no incoming calls. Some music is heard when my number is called. I am currently in North Macedonia, I have received calls here before, but a month ago it stopped receiving calls.

I have tried different phones, but the issue remained.

Also, I tried to top up, the money  were taken from my card, but there ia no top up on my id account.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ivan Dimitrov,

I’m just wondering how long you’ve been away for? After 4-6 months outside of the UK, the services can become limited you see.

Will

Hi Will, thank you for your responce.

I was away for about a month when I noticed that I can't receive incoming calls. 

Is the top-up issue connected with me being abroad as well?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ivan Dimitrov,

As far as I’m aware, there should be no issues when topping up when abroad if the payment went through fine. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?