Question

No network coverage

• 18 June 2018
  • 4 replies

I have not had any network coverage since yesterday afternoon. It is not just in one place, it disappeared on my way back from Brighton to Essex, and today I am working in London and still nothing. I have turned phone on and off again many times, and tried manually searching for network as well and it just says error searching for networks / no networks found. When I've been on the postcode checker on the website, it says we know there is a problem, check back for an update in 7days!

I am not impressed to potentially have no phone for the next week and ID have conveniently turned off the online chat functionality on their website, with my only other option to call them, when I have no network!
Seriously frustrating, will I be compensated for the massive inconvenience?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Oh no @Anna I'm really sorry to hear this, is your network coverage any better today?

Are you able to confirm your postcode so we can have a look at what's going on?

Our online chat service was down on Sunday due to some technical difficulties, however, it should be up and running now. You can also drop us a message over on Facebook or Twitter if you need a quick response.

Chloé
Hi @Chloe I managed to speak to an advisor on the online chat this morning. They told me there are major repairs happening in both Essex and London and it could be up to 7 days before it is fixed!
I've seen loads of other posts of people's sim cards just stopping working and not getting the issue resolved. Work postcode is EC4Y 8AE this is the 4th day of no signal and now whatever is wrong with your sim seems to have corrupted my phone, as it is unlocked but now won't accept other sims. I had to go out and buy a sim to be able to receive some important calls but that won't even work so I'm having to visit a repair shop which no doubt I'll have to fork out for as well. To say I'm frustrated and upset with the customer service is an understatement. Can't speak to an advisor again because chat is down, can't call as I have no way to, and will be going on twitter to complain which is something I like to avoid doing
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Anna,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with this.

It's unlikely that the SIM being faulty (if this was faulty) would damage the handset and prevent other network SIM's being accepted.

If you get in touch with us, we can investigate this a little further, however it may be best to wait until any planned maintenance completes.

If you've already Tweeted us, our Social Media Team will pick this up.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?