Question

No Signal

• 14 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I joined ID mobile from o2 and honestly it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I was promised by Carphone Warehouse that ID mobile was the ‘new network’ to be on and that the signal and coverage was great.  We checked the coverage in my area and it said it was very good. 

After a few weeks I noticed that no matter where I went, I only ever had one bar of signal and sometimes maybe none, It is also super slow to load up anything. I travel with work around the world and was promised this was the best network to cover me everywhere I need to go. I cant even leave my own house without having any signal once I go off my home WiFi, never mind try to fly to another country. 

I am soo sorry I left o2 and if I could get out of my contract with ID I would. It is a constant struggle to get any signal or have a fast speed on apps. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @MalibuAmy, our network covers 99.8% of the UK outdoor population, so it’s strange that you’re having issues no matter where you go. Are you using the same phone you were using with O2, or did you take out a new phone plan with us?

If you’re still having trouble, there are a few things worth doing.

1. Check the iD Mobile coverage checker to see how the coverage is where you’re trying to use the network
  2. If the coverage checker says you should be able to get a good signal, then check Three’s network status checker to see if there’s any service disruption that might be affecting things
  3. If there aren’t any issues with the network, try restarting your phone. It’ll also be worth performing a network reset - Google “network reset” + the make and model of your phone if you’re not sure how

If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi Rory 

I have tried all those things and nothing seems to be working. I am now also struggling to get apps to work after resetting my phone. 

It was a new phone and contract with ID 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Oh dear, @MalibuAmy. Not to worry, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi my mobile no 07803829825 from last 2 weeks network signal very low spacialy when I stay home signal totally down can you check please

Hi Rory 

I have tried all those things and nothing seems to be working. I am now also struggling to get apps to work after resetting my phone. 

It was a new phone and contract with ID 

Thanks

hi just to let you know currys now owns carphone , i to am getting terrible signal since Christmas only getting half a meg and impossible to use 4g , best of luck , i to am leaving currys soon  

For some reason my phone will not connect to landlines but fine to mobiles. Need help ASAP.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

For some reason my phone will not connect to landlines but fine to mobiles. Need help ASAP.

The iD online community isn’t real-time, so it could be several days before somebody from iD Mobile reads your post. 

Probably quicker to PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages, or try the iD Live Chat service.

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM or chat with a real person.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?