Solved

Not able to send messages/receive some after joining ID and switching old number over

• 22 September 2020
  • 16 replies

2 days ago I received a new phone, and sim. I sent the PAC code to ID, and the switched occured today for which I received confirmation through text. Following this, I have encountered a number of problems.

On sending any texts (not imessage), I get an undelivered notification on every message, but the person I send it to advises they have received said message between 3 to 6 times (I only send it once, and it tells me undelivered).

I am also not receiving verification messages. I tried to login to whatsapp, and on the verification call and text part, it does not arrive. Likewise, I can’t add my switched number to my iphone as I never receive the verification code. Therefore can’t receive texts or calls via my number (excluding icloud email).

I’m going to give it a few days to try and resolve this issue, however the lack of customer service and these issues mean I think I will be returning the phone within the 14 day cooling off period.

If anyone could offer any insight or assistance I’d be very grateful.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 28 September 2020, 15:28

View original

16 replies

So there appears no customer service exists. On phoning it is an automated service, and likewise the chat is an automated service. Is anyone able to assist? The last thing I want to do is return the phone and leave, but there doesn’t seem to be an alternative

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jm3463,

In regards to the issue with multiple texts being sent/not delivered try this:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

For the other issue, it’s relating to OTP messages not being received.

We’ll need to raise this to our TechTeam so I’ll send a PM to you now so we can pick this up.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello. I am having the same problem. I am trying to change the toggle for my phone number under YOU CAN RECEIVE IMEESAGES TO AND REPLY FROM...it lets my switch on my Apple ID but does not allow me to switch on my phone number….it just does that rotating line in a circle (busy cursor)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@wchoi716 ,

1. Go to Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > Contactable At
  2. Choose Edit
  3. Enter your chosen number, using +44 instead of the first 0
  4. Tap Save

In regards to the iMessage option could you try and toggle it off and on again then try change the number.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi kash. thank you for this. i tried all of this. i also realised that outside of Wifi, it was not connecting to the network so texts, phone calls and data didnt work outside my home.  i was told the SIM was defective and they sent me a new one after 3 days.  someone on livechat tried to activate the new one...after a few hours it still doesnt work. i was told the SIM card activation failed and that technical support would be with me in another 24 to 48 hours...so 8 days later, no one is any more the wiser, i cant use my phone and i guess i just have to wait more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@wchoi716,

We have replied to you on another post and also sent you a Private Message.

Kash

Can someone talk to me please. I send my PAC number 2 weeks ago , now i cant make calls no data etc. Can someone help please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jtaibu,

Can you advise if you have removed the SIM and turned the handset off. 

Leave the handset off for a few minutes then reinsert the SIM and restart the handset.

Kash

I am having the same issue I cant contact anyone I have just swapped over now I can see why contracts where so cheap but customer service is shocking! I cant use my phone either I have tried all the fixes suggested on this forum and I stil cant connect my phone number or receive normal txt messages unless there on iphone n it goes theough imessage which also will not pick up my phone number or FaceTime 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sammie Louise,

Could you please try the SIM in a different handset and advise if that works for you?

Is the number updated on the handset to the ported number?

Kash

2 days ago I received a new phone, and sim. I sent the PAC code to ID, and the switched occured today for which I received confirmation through text. Following this, I have encountered a number of problems.

On sending any texts (not imessage), I get an undelivered notification on every message, but the person I send it to advises they have received said message between 3 to 6 times (I only send it once, and it tells me undelivered).

I am also not receiving verification messages. I tried to login to whatsapp, and on the verification call and text part, it does not arrive. Likewise, I can’t add my switched number to my iphone as I never receive the verification code. Therefore can’t receive texts or calls via my number (excluding icloud email).

I’m going to give it a few days to try and resolve this issue, however the lack of customer service and these issues mean I think I will be returning the phone within the 14 day cooling off period.

If anyone could offer any insight or assistance I’d be very grateful.

Hi, I am having this issue as well, how was it resolved?

I also am not receiving messages with verification codes in them. How was this resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Michael Wiltshire 

Are you still having this issue with OTP messages? Please let us know so we can get in contact about this.

Tom

My old number was transferred on Tuesday 18th October. Since then no on can call me apart from 3 and I'd mobile numbers. The SIM does the same with my old phone. Need sorting as no home phone and care for an elderly neighbour and parents.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Steve Smith

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I’ve just had this issue and fixed it on my own. I had an Esim. On an iPhone go to your mobile data settings. In there go to the primary plan switch that on and click on the delete esim option. It will should working then. 

Why iD Mobile?