Question

Not receiving calls or voicemails

• 18 October 2021
  • 12 replies

I am not receiving calls or voicemails. I raised the issue on Saturday evening and was told someone would contact me. This is not an issue with the phone, I have tried others. Can someone please update me.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @RachaelCB,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

1. When you call somebody, what number is displayed on their phone?
  2. Have you tried your iD SIM in another phone?
  3. Have you looked in your My Account online, to double-check your voicemail service is turned ON?

To get answers in real-time, you’ll need to use the Live Chat service here.

To speak to an iD agent make sure you use the chat service between 9am - 8pm weekdays, or 9am - 6pm weekends. Once you get connected type “talk to a person” to get an iD agent and avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi.

My number appears on other phones as normal when I ring. I have tried the SIM in two other phones and it doesn’t work and I’ve tried all the iPhone fixes and reset the network settings.

Yes, voicemail is enabled. Callers are able to leave a message but they don’t come through.

Wi-fi calls and messages work fine.

A friend on Vodafone has been unable to call me for about six weeks. He raised the issue with them but was unable to find a solution. Now no calls are coming through from mobile or landlines. My number was ported over from Vodafone a year ago when I joined ID but worked fine until recently.

If this isn’t resolved quickly I will have to change provider.

Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @RachaelCB,

Just like you to know that I don’t work for iD - just trying to help you get this sorted. 

Have you double-checked the following settings on your iPhone, to see that they all show your mobile number correctly?

Settings > Phone > My Number
Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
Settings > Facetime
Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases > Your device (Device Info)

Anyway, good luck!  

Thanks @andewhite 

Yes - those are all fine. I’ll try iD again in the morning.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @RachaelCB.

If all your incoming calls are going to voicemail, perhaps forward all calls to voicemail has been enabled somehow?

If it has, you could try the following short code:

Turn off forwarding : ##21# 

This code should unregister divert all calls - good luck.

Thanks @andewhite 

Tried that too but no joy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @RachaelCB 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hi,

I just started having the same problems as @RachaelCB  these past 2 days.

I am not receiving calls (from landlines or mobiles, including those with iD) which are instead going straight to voicemail and I do not get text messages notifying me that I have voice mails either.

I have done pretty much what @RachaelCB  has done to try to resolve the issue, only I am on Android and not iPhone.

How can I get in touch with somebody from iD mobile to resolve this please?

I tried calling 7777 and 0333 003 7777 but calls are only for automated services. I tried Live Chat but it doesn’t launch (on Chrome, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox or even via the app on my phone). Lastly, I sent an email but received an auto response saying the email address no longer exists.

Thanks.

Hi,

I posted the info below as a reply to a previous question that another member had posted because I am experiencing the same problems - https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-network-24/not-receiving-calls-or-voicemails-45803?postid=100184#post100184  

Could somebody from iD Mobile please contact me directly to resolve the issue? (Just as you did with the other member.) It is day 3 now with this problem and it has been affecting my work.

Many thanks.

Previous post:

Hi,

I just started having the same problems as @RachaelCB  these past 2 days.

I am not receiving calls (from landlines or mobiles, including those with iD) which are instead going straight to voicemail and I do not get text messages notifying me that I have voice mails either.

I have done pretty much what @RachaelCB  has done to try to resolve the issue, only I am on Android and not iPhone.

How can I get in touch with somebody from iD mobile to resolve this please?

I tried calling 7777 and 0333 003 7777 but calls are only for automated services. I tried Live Chat but it doesn’t launch (on Chrome, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox or even via the app on my phone). Lastly, I sent an email but received an auto response saying the email address no longer exists.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @VnH,

Is this problem happening everywhere you go?

Have you a local postcode we can check for you?

Will

Hi @Will,

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to take this off the thread and communicate via direct mail, please?

Happy to share later back on this thread with updates, results, key info and/or solutions for community members (in case they have similar issue in future).

It’s just that for now I don’t want to discuss publicly my locations because I live in the UK and a country that’s part of my inclusive roaming.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @VnH,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?