Question

Not receiving OTP texts

• 11 December 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently joined ID and now I am unable to get OTP messages. How can I solve this? 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jane S, as @andewhite says, that doesn’t sound right. Not sure why that’s been advised. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @EmmaK,

We are sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Userlevel 1

This is an ongoing issue with ID Mobile 

I have changed to ID mobile and having same issue cannot get NatWest OTP to register for online banking.lookibg back this is a common problem witu ID Modile.and everyone gets the same automated response .

I am waiting from my automated response .

Not good .from ID mobile and has put me right off.mifgt loo at cancelling contract still in the cancellation period 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I recently ported my number to iD and now can't receive any OTP messages.  Other SMS seem to be fine.  I see this is a common problem.

Okay @Jane S, when I joined iD Mobile and then ported my number over to iD, I continued receiving my OTP messages from banks etc. 

Have you tried the iD live chat service to get this sorted?

I recommend you chat between 9am and 6pm, and typing “talk to a person” once you get connected - you should avoid the 24/7 chat-bot if you do.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @andewhite I just had a live chat.  They said I needed to contact every organisation to tell them I've changed networks.  I don't understand that.  I've kept the same number and receive other messages.

Okay @Jane S, this sounds like nonsense from the live chat team.

When I joined iD and ported my number to iD; I didn’t tell any organisations that I changed networks, yet my OTP messages continued being delivered OK.

What network did you use prior to joining iD?
You could test the live chat solution by contacting just ONE organisation, and tell you’ve been advised to let them know you’ve switched networks, because your OTP messages are not working.

I’d be surprised if that solved the issue though - good luck anyway.

I don't seem to have a 'most helpful' button but thank you so much @Rory.  The tech team seem to have fixed the problem.  🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jane S,

I can see that we have sent you a Private Message and this is resolved.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

I recently ported my number to iD and now can't receive any OTP messages.  Other SMS seem to be fine.  I see this is a common problem.

Thanks @andewhite I just had a live chat.  They said I needed to contact every organisation to tell them I've changed networks.  I don't understand that.  I've kept the same number and receive other messages.

Having this same issue. Also completely in limbo after porting my old number over. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alasdair Fraser,

I can see that we have replied to a different post and we’ll assist you further there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?