not receiving text messages

• 2 September 2020
  • 65 replies

Show first post

65 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dezzick3,

We’re sorry to hear about this. Is it happening with only code messages from companies or have you seen it affect messages from ordinary phone numbers too?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It’s just automated text messages from companies etc. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dezzick3,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

I’m having the same problem. I’ve just switched over from Vodafone and not reviving one time passcode text messages from banking, etc. I’ve have tried restarting my phone, taking sim out, turning I message off and on. Made sure in settings that my number is correct and nothing has worked! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Hwhite,

I am sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview.

Ryan

Hi, I recently changed to ID from Vodafone with a Poco NFC and I am not receiving texts from other people. I got one from the NHS earlier though telling me a test was clear.

Please can you perform the little trick which fixes it

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @smokieUK,

Is it from other people you’re not receiving messages, or from companies?

How long ago did you port your number in with us? It may be worth powering down the handset for 10 minutes to reestablish a connection.

Will

Companies seem to be OK but other users messages don’t arrive.

I’ve left it turned off for 30 minutes and it’s not fixed it.

The number was ported on Tuesday.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @smokieUK,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

I've got a Samsung and spoke to the vitual help and they was able to help me get texts from the bank but I'm still not receiving texts from friends unless they're with ID mobile.

This is a new sim and I moved my previous number over but I had my old sim in my old phone and was receiving the texts on that but not on my new phone? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Megan.yeo,

This sounds like the port is dragging it’s feet going through. How long ago did you submit your PAC code to us? What’s the make and model of the old handset sorry?

Cheers,

Will

Hi @Megan.yeo,

This sounds like the port is dragging it’s feet going through. How long ago did you submit your PAC code to us? What’s the make and model of the old handset sorry?

Cheers,

Will

I did it on the 9th got the confirmation that it successfully transferred over on the 10th.

The old phone is a Samsung galaxy A50

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Megan.yeo,

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

I would also check to make sure that you have all the correct network settings.

Kash

Hi

i have the same problem and I am not receiving any text messages and verification codes from company’s and banks.

tried to put SIM card in different phones as well

but I am getting normal text messages from friends and families

i have recently moved from O2 to ID mobile

can some one help please

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sajeesh,

I’m sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same issue as everyone above (and the countless others on other threads with similar topic titles), not being able to receive verification codes from all my phone apps. I switched from EE to iD on the 2nd August 2021. If the issue is that the “port is dragging”, as @Will notes, that’s a very long drag….

This seems to be a VERY widespread issue. I gather that staff are responding via private messages. Are folks getting this issue resolved or not? I had no luck talking to customer services via the Live Chat. I was told the Tech team would resolve it, but they are yet to do so and I’m simply told to wait another 48 hours whenever I raise the issue. 

This is causing all kinds of problems for myself and many other iD customers. Not being able to do basic stuff (like Online Banking etc) is a very serious inconvenience, to put it mildly. 

I sincerely hope that someone from iD gets back to me, with a solution of some kind, and very soon… I’m already looking around at other mobile network providers, thinking to switch again, thanks to this major inconvenience. 

Userlevel 1

P.S. Just to add, like others, I have gone through the whole series of troubleshooting tests – resetting phone, taking SIM out, resetting again, checking settings, trying the SIM in another phone, etc etc. Nothing sorts out the problem. 

Userlevel 1

P.P.S. Turns out I’m not receiving SMS texts from friends/contacts either. Just checked with a friend and asked him to text me. Nothing. 

I try to chat with the live chat team and I am getting the exact same message from them.this is very inconvenience  for me

Userlevel 1

I try to chat with the live chat team and I am getting the exact same message from them.this is very inconvenience  for me

@sajeesh, we’re not alone! It seems many customers are complaining about this. And what doesn’t help is being ‘fobbed off’ whenever speaking to someone on Live Chat. Did you have any more luck with the team that communicates via private messages on here?

No luck at all

iys a waste of time

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dezzick3,

Have you tried the usual trouble shooting?

Have you checked that there isn’t a block on that number?

Kash

Done all that usual things

but it’s not happening

Userlevel 1

Hi @kiraabrennan 

This issue should now be resolved. 

If you are still experiencing problems please let us know and we’ll send you a PM. 

Michelle

@Michelle, curious to know how this issue was resolved before. I’m having the exact same problem, along with countless others (judging from the number of threads reporting similar over the last year) and am concerned whether iD can fix it or not (especially for folks who port numbers over to iD). It’s worrying just how many iD customers have complained about this and got nowhere with the Live Chat or Tech team. 

@Michelle its not been resolved and still suffering

Why iD Mobile?