Solved

not receiving text messages

• 2 September 2020
  • 65 replies

Hello, my phone is not receiving any text messages from company's and websites (for example PayPal)... they've sent me a one off verification code to my number, but I've not received it yet. It's not the first time too (with other services) all of my settings are enabled, APN settings are correct etc.... checked all my inbox but can't find the code... it's been like half an hour. can someone help me out please..by the way i can receive messages from contacts. 

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 16 January 2021, 16:45

View original

65 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @BOSS91,

Have you tried powering down the handset for 10 minutes and removing the SIM card?

Will

Yes 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @BOSS91, if you’re using an iPhone, can you try this for me?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Thank you,

Rory

Hello, 

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I just switched from EE and having the same issue 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @kiraabrennan 

This issue should now be resolved. 

If you are still experiencing problems please let us know and we’ll send you a PM. 

Michelle

Userlevel 1

Hi I’m having the exact same issue after i switched from vodafone. I’m doing the live chat conversation but literally getting replies once every 24 hours if that. Please can someone let me know how to resolve this, it’s getting ridiculous now😫

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Kamilaa15

We’ve already picked this up via PM and will investigate there.

Mohammed

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I was already with ID and just upgraded. I transferred the number and activated the sim as requested. I can make and receive calls, I can send and receive iMessages but I can’t send or receive texts. I tried live chat but no one responded and I waited hours. Can someone help ASAP please?

Badge +10

@Claytor23 

There are reported wide spread issues with the three network effecting text, however thankfully my calls still working for now!

(iD Mobile runs on the Three network)

Hopefully it might be a short term inconvenience.

I have the same issue, I upgraded my phone and swapped the sim card now im having issues sending and receiving text msg. Everything else is fine.

Userlevel 1

We are also having the same issue with SMS, there are 6 of us that use iD Mobile and we are all having SMS issues today

Badge +10

@Geof 

Mine just started working now!!! I am in the South West

Userlevel 1

@Geof

Mine just started working now!!! I am in the South West

Yeah I think ours are all working now, I just received a dozen or so in the last 30 mins... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Geof,

This should now be resolved. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I don't receive sms from hmrc, mobile banking, whatsapp...

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Alexander 987 

Is it the One-time password messages that you are not receiving on your phone?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Yes one-time password. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Alexander 987 

We will send you a Private Message so we can help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

And now I have this issue, can’t receive any sms at all. This is annoying, especially when I can’t receive from paypal, ebay, even from work :angry:.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarianB 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone, taking the sim out, and put back in? Please can you also try the in a different phone and see if you are able to receive any texts?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @MarianB 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone, taking the sim out, and put back in? Please can you also try the in a different phone and see if you are able to receive any texts?

-Mohsin

Tried everything, including other phone, and no difference. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarianB 

We will send you a Private Message now so we can assist with this. To view the message, simply click on your Profile on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

I’m facing this issue too, iMessaging is not working on my phone. When I go to messaging and tap on my number, it won't let me check it. 

iMessage is activated for my iCloud ID (my email address) however it woundn’t work for my phone number. 

I've tried many troubleshooting methods including the ones on apple support website, I also contacted apple support and they advised I contact ID Mobile, ID Mobile’s customer service has proven useless so far. 

Strangely I am receiving texts from my contacts, or from other ID mobile numbers, but I can’t receive any SMS from companies like NHS, Microsoft for login verification 

Using iPhone 11 with up to date iOS on the date of this post. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Jays 

We will send you a Private Message to help with this. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Having the same issue with multiple, but not all, companies. Doesn’t seem to be any consistency. Please advise, I just joined ID yesterday and this has been incredibly frustrating!

Why iD Mobile?