Solved

Not receiving texts

• 31 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I've been with iD for the last 2 years or more. In the last 2 weeks I have noticed Im not receiving all texts sent to me. I can get messages from some contacts, but not from others. Messages sent to my contacts do go through, I'm just not receiving replies from certain people. Nothing has changed in terms of my handset, location, phone usage etc. Can anyone help please? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Michelle 3 February 2021, 11:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Mumof3,

Which device are you using and do you know what devices those select contacts are using? It may be due to iMessage if they use iPhones, or an SMS issue if they use something else.

Also, are the contacts acing issues all with the same network?

Ryan

I'm using a very old Samsung s7, so it may well be on its way out! But I do receive some text messages each day from lots of other contacts so it doesn't make sense. The particular contacts are on a range of networks (o2/ tesco/ 3) and using a range of phones (iphone/ samsung/ other android) so no one answer fits unfortunately. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Mumof3 

Are the texts delayed coming to you or do they not arrive at all?

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I don't receive them at all as far as I can see. For example I've had nothing from my sister since the 24th January despite her messaging me multiple times. They still don't show on my phone even now.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Mumof3 

Have you been able to test your sim card on another phone and check to see if the messages are coming through fine on there? We just need to test this to determine if the issue is with the sim or the handset. We look forward to hearing from you.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?