Question

Not registered on network

My elderly mother and disabled sister both are on ID.  They intermittently get a ‘not registered on network’ message.  This is annoying but today resulted in a situation that was unsafe for both of them.  Is there a way to resolve this problem so it just doesn’t happen - ‘take your sim out and put it back in again’, ‘turn it off and on again’ aren’t the type of solutions I’m looking for and they just aren’t practical in our situation.  If there is not explanation or resolution we will need to move to another provider.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Cazlou, I know it might sound like a weak piece of advice, but removing the SIM/restarting the phone does typically fix the majority of network issues.

Have you entered the affected postcode at the network service status checker here? This will tell you if there are any known network issues there.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks, but they have removed the SIM in the past and still have the same problem intermittently which just isn’t something that they can deal with.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Cazlou, did you manage to check the service checker? If so, what was the result? Could you also enter the affected postcode at our coverage checker and let me know the results of that? It should help us build a better picture of the coverage in the area.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?