Question

other people cannot hear me

• 13 January 2022
  • 21 replies

This is driving me insane. When I speak to people on my phone they cannot hear me but I can hear them fine. This is intermittent but can happen in a variety of places. If I call on WhatsApp there is no issue. 

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Userlevel 1

Lol, just solved it, layout of this phone, when I've answered the call I've been accidentally hitting the call hold button! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @DazScaff 

I suspect two things in your situation. It could be either faulty microphone in your handset or poor reception in the area you calling from. Would you be able to test it for me. If you could insert your sim card in a different handset and call someone to see if they can hear you. Also you could maybe try and see if this is happening as well when you are in a good reception area. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

I’ve had the same issue for a couple weeks. People can’t hear me first second call then after 3-4th call it works. 

Userlevel 1

I'm still getting the same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @rob8647,

Sounds like an issue in the area most likely.

What’s the full postcode of where this is happening?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Sk132AA

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm still getting the same issue. 

What happens if you use your iD SIM in another handset?

Does your issue still occur?

Userlevel 1

I don't have another phone, it's an intermittent issue, so not happening all the time. 

Have you had this issue resolved, it’s been happening to me for a while and has recently got worse.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @DazScaff, there’s no widespread issue regarding this, so it’s just isolated incidents. 

If you’re still having trouble, there are a few things worth doing.

1. Check the iD Mobile coverage checker to see how the coverage is where you’re trying to use the network. Bear in mind, a lighter shade will mean indoor coverage is marginal/limited
  2. If the coverage checker says you should be able to get a good signal, then check Three’s network status checker to see if there’s any service disruption that might be affecting things
  3. If there aren’t any issues with the network, try restarting your phone. It’ll also be worth performing a network reset - Google “network reset” + the make and model of your phone if you’re not sure how

It’s worth enabling Wi-Fi Calling if your phone supports it.

If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here.

Thank you,

Rory

When I make calls the caller is unable to hear me, but I can hear them.  I had this issue a while ago but it is back and worse than before.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @rob8647,

This postcode had some planned work on the 20/08/22 and some neighbouring ones arond the 15th which are now resolved.

No current issues showing.

The area has Excellent Outdoor and Good Indoor coverage also.

If the issues are still ocurring, it’s more likely to be a handset issue than a coverage related one or an issue with the caller’s network.

I’m suspecting based on when you posted, it happened between the 15th - 20th so may have just been linked to the works.

Mohammed

Hi Rory, thanks for the reply.  Signal has been full, also restarted phone etc and still having the issue.  I rised the same issue some time ago and have a case number, the issue did get better but did still a cure and recently got so bad I am unable to make around 90% of calls 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DazScaff,

Can I ask if you have tried your SIM in a different handset to see if that made any difference?

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sharon Holt,

It sounds like it’s down to your coverage here.

What’s the full postcode of the area you’re affected?

We’ll take a look into this further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

haha glad to hear you found the fix there @rob8647  it can often be the most simplest of things!

Yes tired in another handset, and still same issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DazScaff,

Did you check the Three Network status checker that Rory provided to see if there are any ongoing issues in your area?

If there are no issues showing let us know and we will Private Message you to get this investigated further.

Kash

No issues with network 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DazScaff,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I'm having the exact same issue,  I answer the phone,  I can hear them but they can't hear me,  just,  very intermittent. I have good coverage and strong network signal. Speaking to a friend who is also on the three network,  they are also having this issue. 

Rob 

Why iD Mobile?