Solved

Person who called or I'm calling can't hear me

• 15 October 2020
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 1

For about the last week calls i make or receive, the other party can't hear me. It takes several attempts before getting a connection that works. I live in Belfast.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 March 2021, 11:26

View original

38 replies

Thanks Paul I'll give it a whirl 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @gaultd,

Have you tried the SIM card in another handset?

Just thinking if the issue is everywhere, with all callers, it may well be a handset issue. Trying the SIM in another handset would allow us to know either way based on how it behaves.

Will

Userlevel 1

Yes of course I tried the sim in another phone.

It was definitely a network issue. However, that was about 9 months ago and the problem seems to have gone away now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh that’s great to hear.

Thanks for letting us know @gaultd. Didn’t realize your post was from so long ago sorry!

Will

I have also tried 2 phones. I have does as welshpaul suggested,  I'll let you know how it gets on 

I've had the same issue here too, on three different handsets and two sims.  Seems Wi-Fi calling is worse so maybe VoLTE might be the issue. Have tried turning that off and will see how it goes. Not ideal though as this also kills 4g data.  Been like this for over a month now.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It doesn’t kill 4G data unless you're in a call…

When VoLTE is turned off, your calls go out over the 3G network and so any background data will also use the 3G network but only during the call. When the call has ended your data uses the 4G network again. 🙂

FYI - When you turn VoLTE on, all your 4G calls are VoIP based (Similar to WiFi calling - different protocols).

Hi I'd like to add to this.

Google pixel 6 pro, had it for two months,

Can hear but can't be heard. WiFi calling doesn't help. Apparently great coverage in ts10 area.

Tried SIM in another phone still got the problem

Any help?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shane123,

Check if you’re on the latest software.

Try recording an audio clip and play this back. If the issue persists, it’s down to a handset fault.

Mohammed

Hello 

I am also having the same problem, when I ring someone they can't hear me but I can hear them, after a few attempts then they can hear me.

It isn't one particular person that I call I happens to most people I ring and also of the ring me this also happens. This has been happening for around 4 months and there is no fix apparently. I have reset my iPhone 13 and still cannot always speak to the caller as they cant hear here me

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello 

I am also having the same problem, when I ring someone they can't hear me but I can hear them, after a few attempts then they can hear me.

It isn't one particular person that I call I happens to most people I ring and also of the ring me this also happens. This has been happening for around 4 months and there is no fix apparently. I have reset my iPhone 13 and still cannot always speak to the caller as they cant hear here me

Hey @Peter Lowthian,

Is 4-months the time you joined or would that be conisdered a recent issue for you but not one always present?

How many bars of coverage have you got when the issue occur?

Does it happen at home only or everywhere you go?

Mohammed

Hi. I have started experiencing this issue in the last 2 weeks. On every call I make or when people call me they stop hearing me after a couple of minutes..I can still hear them. If they call straight back its fine again but it stops working after another minute or so. 

Also, if I call somewhere that's a call centre they can't hear me at all. Anywhere where there are multiple phonelines like my GP they can't hear me. 

I have checked my coverage and all OK and also did a phone update as suggested on Google but nothing has helped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rachel Linney 

I’m sorry to hear this, have you tried your iD Mobile SIM card in another device? I’d recommend trying this to see if the issue persists, please let us know the results of this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?