Pixel 6 problems with calls.

• 17 February 2022
  • 11 replies

Phone keeps cutting in & out on calls. Then no one can here me.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Lee, there are a few things worth doing if you’re having trouble with calls.

1. Check the iD Mobile coverage checker to see how the coverage is where you’re trying to use the network. Bear in mind, a lighter shade will mean indoor coverage is marginal/limited
  2. If the coverage checker says you should be able to get a good signal, then check Three’s network status checker to see if there’s any service disruption that might be affecting things
  3. If there aren’t any issues with the network, try restarting your phone. It’ll also be worth performing a network reset - Google “network reset” + the make and model of your phone if you’re not sure how

It’s worth enabling Wi-Fi Calling if your phone supports it.

If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi, I have updated network settings and switched phone on and off. I’ve also enabled WiFi calling. However every time I make a call from home I get a few seconds (sometimes several times on the call) where the caller cannot hear me. Can you please suggest what I need to do? Many thanks.  

My wife and I both have the pixel 6 and we are having exactly the same issue as above. We updated software and reset the phone with no success

Userlevel 1

Hi I have a pixel 6 pro signal issues dropping calls etc on second phone as thought was that since beginning ...only calls I can make are on wifi at home people saying cannot get hold of me …

I complained about it to ID they deadlocked lettered me today ignoring signal issue which they told me was an issue in my area ...been since day one 

Currently off to ombudsman as taken since Nov last year a new phone and still no aknowledgement of signal ...today I got told it wasn't even on as complaint which I have in transcript as proof back when made if issue ...they have just tried to brush it off ....disgraceful fair play 

Hope you get it sorted it's not the phone ....I put diff sim in mine as can't rely on it and it worked perfectly so it's ID issue 

Userlevel 1

I'm having the exact same issue. Even restored my whole device to factory settings, it's software is upto date, reset all network settings, on+off, tried everything. Did anyone find a solution? This is really frustrating.

Userlevel 1

They just sent me a new sim to try resolve it after I made complaint about it which first complaint they ignored matter of signal ....they just told me signal is fine and basically I'm talking crap in short but alas still drops calls and today my wife could not even call me for over hour while I was say at home.... 

Sooner they just release my contract the better if not ombudsman way forward. .... Missed 4 deadlines on complaints ...I been messed about chronic and they split my deadlock letter recently up in to compartmentalized  issues leaving out signal part ....funnily the deadlock letter also called me liar in short .... Problem they will have now is I got proof to back up all my complaint and will make mockery of them if taken further. .  

So sorry your having same issues buddy but honestly you will face brick walks and arrogance trying to resolve it …

Fed up with it now three months no phone working fully unless I'm on wifi at home .…

Pathetic really is .…

If sim works I'll post again but doubt it and phone works fine tried it with many other networks sims so problem lies with ID fullstop 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

They just sent me a new sim to try resolve it after I made complaint about it which first complaint they ignored matter of signal ....they just told me signal is fine and basically I'm talking crap in short but alas still drops calls and today my wife could not even call me for over hour while I was say at home.... 

Sooner they just release my contract the better if not ombudsman way forward. .... Missed 4 deadlines on complaints ...I been messed about chronic and they split my deadlock letter recently up in to compartmentalized  issues leaving out signal part ....funnily the deadlock letter also called me liar in short .... Problem they will have now is I got proof to back up all my complaint and will make mockery of them if taken further. .  

So sorry your having same issues buddy but honestly you will face brick walks and arrogance trying to resolve it …

Fed up with it now three months no phone working fully unless I'm on wifi at home .…

Pathetic really is .…

If sim works I'll post again but doubt it and phone works fine tried it with many other networks sims so problem lies with ID fullstop 

Hi Mark and @jay.v00 

Did you still need help with this?

Mohammed

Hi all

I have a pixel 6 pro and my wife has a pixel 6. We are both experiencing the same issue other people can hear us when we call from home. Has anybody managed to resolve this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rúben Gomes 

I’m sorry to hear this, have you tried the SIM card in another device?

Does the issue happen in all areas or just inside your home?

Have you checked your area on the iD Mobile Coverage Checker and Three UK Outage Checker?

Tom

Hi @Tom thank you for responding.

I have tried my SIM on another phone (Huawei P20 pro) and it works fine. This issue only occurs on both my PIxel phones.

The coverage checker says good indoor and outdoor 4G coverage in my area (Colchester CO4 6BZ)

This only occurs inside my house. Haven't had issues outside.

Both my devices are up to date with the newest official firmware.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Rúben Gomes,

It does sound like a handset issue here then that’s causing this.

Have you tried visitng your local Currys store to see if the handsets can be checked further?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?