Solved

Poor data connection...what is the solution?

• 15 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

The WiFi reception is extremely poor at home and also when I’m travelling often and using Sat Nav. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 16 June 2021, 09:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @BJ Sheridan, I’m a little confused by your post, I’m afraid. When you say Wi-Fi reception, do you actually mean your network coverage? Wi-Fi is provided by your internet service provider, and it’s typically something you connect to when you’re at home or in a public place, like a café. It’s not really something we’d expect you to be using while travelling around or using sat-nav. 

Do you mean your network coverage/data reception? 

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Rory.

At home, the data reception/network coverage is so poor often e-mails won’t open. It’s hugely frustrating.

When travelling, I use google maps on my phone as my sat nav so am using the same WiFi and it often cuts out. I have a large data bundle and use my phone as a tethering hotspot for my laptop.

Best

Barbara

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @BJ Sheridan

Enter your postcode on the pages I have provided links below and let us know the results.

Check the network coverage in your area:

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage

Check for any network faults/issues in your area:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

If there is good indoor/outdoor coverage and no network issues reported in your area then try doing a network settings reset on you phone. What phone do you have?

On my Samsung Ultra 5G device it’s here:

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset Network settings

If there is no to little indoor/outdoor coverage on the coverage map or there is a network issue showing in your area, enable WiFi calling if your phone supports it.

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much for your helpful advice @WelshPaul 

Network coverage in my area is good apparently. However, there is work on masts being undertaken which is the problem and is causing disruption.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hopefully the work is completed soon. 👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @BJ Sheridan, just to clarify and to avoid any confusion in the future, a Wi-Fi connection (provided by an internet service provider like BT or TalkTalk) is not the same as your data connection, which is provided by us, your mobile network.  They’re completely independent.

We do hope the mast works are completed soon! If they do continue for an extended amount of time, though, feel free to reply to this post and we’ll be happy to discuss recompense. 

Thank you,

Rory

Network Coverage indoors is very poor, never gets above 1 bar. I have WiFi calling enabled. Outdoors is fine when I go away from the house or in the garden. Are there any suggestions to get better signal strength when inside the house? 

I was on o2 and did not have this problem at all, only since I’ve moved over to ID which has been 4 months now, and its super frustrating

Using an iPhone 12. Postcode: MK8

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Hemz21 

Unfortunately, no network can tell you exactly how strong your signal will be when you're indoors at home, work, or in any other building.

This is because the signal strength needed to pass through walls and windows varies from building to building.

By enabling WiFi calling whilst indoors will help improve your service.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hello @Hemz21 

Unfortunately, no network can tell you exactly how strong your signal will be when you're indoors at home, work, or in any other building.

This is because the signal strength needed to pass through walls and windows varies from building to building.

By enabling WiFi calling whilst indoors will help improve your service.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Thank You @Me 1973

Why iD Mobile?