Solved

Poor Download Speed / slow 4G

• 29 February 2020
  • 32 replies

Hi everyone. I’m not all that familiar with mobile data. 

I have an ID mobile sim and my wife has a virgin mobile sim. Using fast.com, my average download speed is ~1 Mb and my wife’s is ~12 Mb in the same location (home). 

Is this simply due to virgin mobile having better signal at our home? I would like to stay with ID if I can, but might need to change to virgin mobile if this slow performance persists.

(We currently don’t have broadband, so are reliant on phone sim for internet connection)

Thanks for any help/advice. 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 5 March 2021, 17:24

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @marzi,

We are sorry to hear that.

I can see that we have some unplanned outage in the area and our team are working on getting it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Kash

Hi - I’m having the same issues. My data speed has dropped right down in the last week or so to around 1mbps whereas previously it was 15-20. My postcode is NG9 1GE

Userlevel 1

👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Munu,

I’m pleased to hear that it’s all working now :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello Mohammed, thank you for the feedback, it’s all working now. Sms messages being delivered okay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Munu,

I don’t use an iPhone but if I’m correct, iMessage will send a text via iMessage when on WiFi or data.

But if unavailable it’ll default to sending as SMS.

Hope that answers this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello Mohammed, that’s worked for now thank you, however does that mean I have to keep iMessage switched on as well as normal sms messages ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Munu,

Try this:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

What would like to find out is, why are the sms messages getting sent multiple times when on my phone it says’not delivered’

Userlevel 1

It’s the same , no luck 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @Munu,

Please let us know how you get on.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello Will, 

I’ll try that now 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Munu,

Could you try Turning the handset off for 10 minutes please?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello Michelle, I’ve not turned my phone on and off, I think it’s the connection it’s the same indoors and outdoors at home and work. Why does my sms message state not delivered when the recipient gets not just one but several messages from my phone. I’m not happy at all, cannot make calls or receive them plus the problem with the sms messages. Post code home is B28 8TE. Work it’s B15 3SJ. I’m desperately looking for an answer 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Munu 

We can check the coverage within your area, we’ll just need to take your postcode. 

Are you having problems indoors and outdoors?

Have you tried turning your phone off and back on again, this can sometimes help? 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Hello, all . I joined in January and wish I hadn’t, I hardly ever have reception to receive or make calls and sms messages. What should I do 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Fionas 

We don’t have a direct email address.

Our Live Chat team can also help if you are not happy about sharing your postcode here.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Ruub1 

We’ll need to raise the issue with our Technical Team.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi @Ryan and @Mohammed 

Ive te my sim on another phone and i iet the same speed. Ive also tested my wifes sim on my phone and she gets over 30mb speed. So theres to issue with my phone. Its your network. Please can you fix this asap pls as this is appalling speed. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for getting back to me. Rather than posting it here, do you have an email address I can send my post code to?

Thanks Fiona

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Fionas 

Have you got the full postcode for us so we can take a look at the coverage for you at the local masts?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi ID mobile,

I’m having the exact same issues as @Ruub1 

I recently joined after leaving Vodaphone and use hotspot for work. However since shifting over, my speed has been poor. Yesterday the upload was less than 1. Last week, it was a smidge over 1 and today (snip below) it’s the same again. It’s becoming an issue with work as I can’t do video calls which I need.

I used the same device with vodaphone hot spot with no speed issues.

I’m working again tomorrow and I’m worried I’m going to have the same ongoing problem with poor speed. I’m based in Camberwell, London.

Can someone please advise?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ruub1,

Thank you for that. I’m just wondering if you have tried the SIM card inside another device recently? Although there is congestion showing we would like to see if the changing the device makes any difference at all to the connection.

Ryan

Hi Kevin 

I have been with iD since last month Dec 2020 and I've had this issue since I've joined. 

These areas you say are congested were fine with me when i was on Vodafone and Three mobile. My wife who is on Talk Mobile gets an average of 30 mb in each of these areas. 

I tried changing the setting as asked but this phone doesn't allow you to change to 4G only. See image

Why iD Mobile?