Solved

Poor network coverage at home

• 18 November 2020
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently joined ID but since then I am getting very poor coverage at home. Signal strength is only one bar and very rarely it goes to double bar. 

Is this the quality of coverage I should expect going forward? If so I will be forced ro choose other network. 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 2 February 2021, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently joined ID but since then I am getting very poor coverage at home. Signal strength is only one bar and very rarely it goes to double bar. 

Is this the quality of coverage I should expect going forward? If so I will be forced ro choose other network. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear this @Niyat Mehta 

Were things better originally, then took a decline?  Or has it been the same since you started?

Could we get the full postcode for where you’re at?

Do you have WiFi calling enabled in your phone?

Userlevel 1

@Kevin 

Post code - HA14QJ

It is like this since beginning. Wifi is enabled on my phone and I do use it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a rought start there @Niyat Mehta 

Have things been bad since day 1?  Or did problems gradually get worse over time?

Could we get your full postcode just to check if any known issues are affecting the closest masts there currently?

Do you have WiFi calling enabled in your phone (if supported)?

Userlevel 1

@Kevin 

Post code - HA14QJ

It is like this since beginning. Wifi is enabled on my phone and I do use it.

If I change network to 2G/3G then it slightly improves but not great. When I select 4G it is poor. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

We can see that there has been some congestion on the mast which provides your service within your area, this may be the reason why you are seeing drops with your signal.

Are you having issues with your coverage when you are outside of your postal area or just when you are at home?

Thanks

Michelle 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

We can see there is some congestion on a nearby mast, this may be the reason why you are seeing drops in your signal. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

Its been 2 months and situation is like this only. 

Shall I expect it as permanent congestion? If not who will fix this and by when? 

End user does not bother about this congestion, we expect good quality and signal strength. 

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

I am having this issue when I am at home. This is the same situation for last 2 months. 

Shall I expect it as permanent congestion? If not who will fix it and by when?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Niyat Mehta,

I have merged both of your topics here to keep things in one place to make it easier for you to obtain support.

We are sorry to hear that you are still having issues at home. As it is an issue with the mast, we would expect the issues to be worked upon as soon as we can. In the meantime, does manually searching for a network connect help at all? This tends to force the phone to connect to a stronger mast if there is one nearby.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

@Ryan 

There is no change in quality of signal when I select network manual (3G and 4G). 

Recently I have experience very srtange issue.. my calles were disconnected exactly after 2.34 sec .. not sure it is related issue or not but I face this issue for 2 days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

It has been a few days since your post, has your signal now improved?

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

Without fixing mast issue how can you expect issue is solved? 

Did you check mast issue is fixed or not? 

There is no change in signals at home. Its still poor network.

Userlevel 1

@Kevin @Ryan @Michelle 

Any update here please? 

Its been 3 months and issue is not solved. Seems no one is looking at it. 

In this pandemic I am working from hom and if I don't get good service than there is no point of using ID service. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

We are sorry to hear you are still having issues with your signal. We will send you PM now so we can escalate this on our end.

-Mohsin

I am not able to receive calls as the coverage at home is so poor. I am disabled and housebound and depend on my phone. Is there any way the signal can be boosted?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Arkangel 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and look into the issues you are facing. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Any update on the original issue? 

Its been almost 3 months and nothing is improving.. it is really frustrating. 

No, they keep asking me for exact details of calls I couldn’t receive and I keep telling them that I am not able to give exact details. I am not getting anywhere..

Userlevel 1

@Kevin @Michelle  @Mohsin @Ryan 

This issue is not solved then why it is marked as Solved? 

Pl mark it as open.

Its been 3 months now and issue is not solved. It is really frustrating to chase you guys and not getting resolution for months. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

Are you unable to respond to our PM? We are following you, so there should be no reason why you are unable to message us through PM.

-Mohsin 

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin 

You are mixing two issues here.. 

My issue is related to poor network because of Conjunction in Mast ( refer above comments) and I assume you are not able to contact @Arkangel  for his issue. 

He has different issue probably. 

Userlevel 1

Hey! I also had a bad signal in the office and my husband said to buy a signal amplifier. I do not know if it is possible to leave links here, but I chose here - https://www.myamplifiers.com/ There is adequate support and a good choice
Let the moderator remove if links are prohibited.
Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Niyat Mehta 

We have sent you a Private Message nearly a month ago and you have not responded to this. So we can investigate the congestion at your local Mast, please respond to the Private Message. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Arkangel 

You have not responded to the most recent Message in your PM. Please do respond so we can look into this further for you.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?