Solved

Poor network coverage at home

• 18 November 2020
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently joined ID but since then I am getting very poor coverage at home. Signal strength is only one bar and very rarely it goes to double bar. 

Is this the quality of coverage I should expect going forward? If so I will be forced ro choose other network. 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 2 February 2021, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin 

Have just replied to PM.

I was not aware about this PM but anyways have already shared these details in past. 

Hope issue will get solved now. 

I’m going to reply here, as I’m having the same connectivity issues when attempting to use mobile data and when trying to send/receive texts and calls, on my Sony L4. 

The service was usable within the first month of ownership. However since Friday 19th March the service has been very very poor. On this Friday my reception was completely gone (no bars). Since then the service has been intermittent with me invariably unable to make and receive calls. Over the past two weeks, I have successfully received 3 calls. I’m now having to use my landline to make and receive calls when I wish to do so. 

I was delighted to discover the Wifi-Caling option on my phone, however this has also turned out to work intermittently. My home Wi-Fi averages at 200 MBPS (fibre), so I know there are no issues around Wi-Fi strength. Please advise.

Adisa

Hi I have been having one bar signal in my home now for a few weeks and sometimes my signal is dropping can you please help me with this issue thank you. 

King Regards K Lyttle.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sorry to hear this @K Lyttle.

Has this always been the case, or is it a new development?

If you could provide us with your postcode, we can run some checks on your local mast for you.

Will

I have recently joined ID but since then I am getting very poor coverage at home. Signal strength is only one bar and very rarely it goes to double bar. 

Is this the quality of coverage I should expect going forward? If so I will be forced ro choose other network. 

I have copied this from a question by another ID customer as I am having exactly the same issue.

I have little to no network cover at home. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you have little to no network coverage at home then try enabling WiFi calling on your device (if compatible) or cancel under the 14 (or 30 id ordered via idmobile.co.uk) day return policy ID Mobile offer new customers.

Unfortunately no matter which network someone goes for not all of them will have great coverage in every location. Thats why people regularly say that one network is better than another when it comes to coverage. For me, Vodafone offer the best and is the only network able to give me almost full 5G signal at home. O2, Three and EE 5G is not existent here and I’m in the second largest city in Wales!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Anna-Maria Grieve, the first thing to do in this instance would be to enter your postcode on our coverage checker here - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

If the checker says you should expect poor coverage and you’re still within your returns period, we’ll be happy to get your order returned for you.

If the checker expects you to be getting a good signal, and/or you’re outside your returns period, we can troubleshoot the connection for you.

It’s always worth powering down your phone and turning it back on again, as this tends to fix the majority of signal issues.

Do let us know once you’ve done all of the above!

Thank you,

Rory

I have had this phone for almost a year but I have not made any calls as I continuously get the message,  no network. This is frustrating me so bad, if I could terminate this contract I would 

V poor coverage at home ..can't receive or make any calls lately

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Amal Refaat,

Could you please drop us a postcode so we can take a look at what’s going on in your area?

Will

Why iD Mobile?