Question

Poor reception HX3 8TB

• 24 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi,

The coverage checker says we are in an area of good reception but the reception is very poor. Its been like that for years. We have high end iPhones so the problem is not with the phones.

Is there any way we can boost the reception in the house? Are there any devices we can buy to solve the problem?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Hi @walkerrfw@aol.com 

I’m unable to see any current issues in the area. 

Have you tried testing the signal on 3G only to see if this makes a difference at all? 

Another thing that may help would be to manually connect to the network. So that we can provide steps on how to do this, can you confirm which model of iPhone you have?

Thanks,

Jade 

Jade,

We have iPhone XRs. On 3 g and 4 g both checks on our post code say we have good coverage but we never have had. If I wail out into the road its OK but in the house its only possible to get a signal that does not drop in the odd place and you must not move or it will just drop the call. I would certainly need advice as to how to manually connect to the network as I’ve not heard of that before.

Thanks

Richard

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @walkerrfw@aol.com 

We totally understand how frustrating this must be on your end. You mentioned that you have it on 3G and 4G, please can you try selecting 3G only on the network mode settings and check to see how the signal is. In order to select the network Manually, please do the following: 

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Carrier
  3. Slide the Automatic slider to the off position to start scanning for networks.
  4. Select desired carrier (iD Mobile

Please try both steps above and let us know if you are still having issues.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @walkerrfw@aol.com 

I have also looked into this further and can see there is some planned maintenance work on your local Mast, once the work has completed, this will also improve the signal in your home.

-Mohsin

The 3G and 4g I was referring to was the coverage checks I ran from my computer on the ID website. My phone was already set to ID. This coverage quality issue has been for years so I don’t think any current mast work is relevant. I contacted you because I’m fed up with the poor coverage. Are there any devices I can buy to boost the coverage in my house?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @walkerrfw@aol.com 

Unfortunately, there are no devices that will boost the signal on your phone. Have you tested the sim on another phone? Do you still have the same issue with the poor signal?

-Mohsin

Yes It’s clearly a case of a lousy coverage where I live with whoever provides your signal. I have to say it was fine with a previous provider. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @walkerrfw@aol.com 

I do apologise the signal is poor compared to your previous provider. Please provide us with your Postcode so we can see the signal strength in your area?

Thanks

-Mohsin

Our post code is HX3 8TB   Like I say it says it’s good but it isn’t. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We can see there is a lot of congestion in your area @walkerrfw@aol.com We will send you a Private Message now so we can escalate this to our tech team. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?