Question

poor signal and very bad service from ID

• 21 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Questions not published and no attempt to contact me.  Bad signal everywhere I go and internet very slow or nonexistent. Please publish and respond or officially requesting letter of Deadlock for ombudsman. 

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 1

The problem will be with Three who ID Mobile run off in most areas they are known to be oversubscribed which is why the internet is so slow they will likely respond claiming to try another device or sim card which will make no difference 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @James m,

We are sorry to hear about the coverage issue you are having.

Can I please ask if this is an issue that has started recently? Have you taken a look at the coverage checker to check the signal in your area?

Thanks,

Kash

Userlevel 1

It has been an issue since I got the phone at the end of November 2020. I have checked on the coverage checker but my work takes me all over the south east and at most I’ve seen three bars but usually two and call quality is shocking and drops out regularly. Internet loading times are slow and videos stop while playing. Is there a technical fix for this? Really not happy to continue paying for this service while other providers seem to have no issues. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @James m 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tried resetting the network settings to see if this helps the signal issues you are having?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Yes I’ve tried that. Also tried restarting phone and removing and reinstalling SIM card. It’s not the phone it’s the network. Starting to get fed up now. Having to use my work phone for personal calls at extra cost to myself. Do we have a resolution yet? I’m not paying the £575 ID want to cancel this contract. 

Hi @James m 

We’ve popped you a message so that we can take a further look into the issues you are experiencing. 

Thanks, 

Jade

Userlevel 1

I’ve clicked the link in the Email and it says I’m not authorised to use this??? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @James m 

We are sorry to hear this. We would advise letting the support team know about this in the Private Message you have already sent them so they can look into this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I have replied to the technical support team but no one has responded. They asked me stupid questions like what handsets the people I was calling used?!?! And if I could supply the postcodes of all the areas I was having issues. I’m being mugged off now. Screenshot every correspondence from ID mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James m,

Troubleshooting isn’t a case of us asking ‘stupid questions’ these are things we’d need to help determine the fault. I can only apologise if you feel this way.

As we’ve PM’ed you already, please send any further messages via that conversation where we can help to try and resolve this.

Mohammed

@James m  did this ever get sorted? as I am in the same boat, got my phone at the end of 2020 and the signal and coverage is shockng. Says i should get full signal. No way I am going to pay some absurd exit fee for this. Ill just contact my bank and refuse to pay if it continues

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @ryanmcaree 

We can check the coverage within your area, please could you confirm your postcode?

Thanks

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?