Question

reception is poor

• 23 October 2019
  • 11 replies

Hi I just wondered if anyone has really bad reception . I always have like half a bar. It's always breaking up . 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi I just wondered if anyone has really bad reception . I always have like half a bar. It's always breaking up . 

Hello @Missangie,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having coverage issues here.

Is this recently or have you been experiencing these issues since you joined us?

We did recently have a network outage as our network partners were impacted. This led to a period of downtime for users.

It’s since been fixed and services should have restored.

Is the issue with calls & texts or data as well?

Mohammed

Very poor reception, a lot different to my other network I was and a lot different to my husbands network. I can’t use any apps indoors as they would load or the internet but my husband can use everything on his phone as he is on different network 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve got zero mobile reception indoors at my home address, but I’m using a phone compatible with the iD Wi-Fi Calling service.

With this service I can reliably use my mobile to make/answer calls and send/receive SMS messages.

The iD Wi-Fi Calling service is great.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Traynor,

It might be worth restarting your phone if you haven’t already done so.

1) Power down your phone
2) Remove the SIM and clean the contacts
3) Wait 15 minutes, reinsert the SIM and power the phone back on.

If you’re still having issues, try performing a network reset.

Android

Settings > General management or System > Reset > Reset network settings

iPhone

Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings

The network reset will delete all saved Wi-Fi networks from your phone, so you'll need to set these up again.

If this doesn’t fix the issue, try the SIM in a different handset, or try a different network SIM in your phone. This will help determine whether the issue lies with your phone or the SIM.

If all else fails, try contacting the iD Live Chat team and they should be able to help.

Good luck!

Why am I only getting 18mbps download and 1.8 upload?....I didn't sign up for this..... My virgin mobile 4G was much better..... You're supposed to have full coverage in my area (I checked with you before I changed) but this is absolutely rubbish..... And I have a brand new up to date VIVO X60 pro 5G so it's definitely not the phone ..... This is not what you are selling......

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Denwestbrom,

Can you please check the coverage at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee good coverage in all areas of the UK.

Kash

I’m getting one bar and 4g really struggling to send texts and make and receive calls without the calls dropping. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @John Smart,

Sorry to hear that.

Can you share with us the full postcode so I can check your area for you?

Mohammed

KA74lb 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, looks like a network issue in your area @John Smart

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @John Smart 

Taking a look at the iD Mobile coverage/outage checker there appears to be an outage in the area, Three UK are aware and working on a fix.

How long have you had issues here?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?