Solved

Refund for no service

• 15 November 2018
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all,
My wife and i went abroad for several weeks starting on the 8th of September. As soon as we left the UK we both were unable to make calls or receive calls. Luckily I had a sim card for a different network which worked as soon as it was put into either phone.
My wife's phone when she tried to makes calls went straight to this message: Your service does not allow access to this number.

The message I got on my phone: Your currently unable to make calls as you have reached your cap limit.
We are both on pay as you go sim cards, we put a £10 bundle on each phone every 30 days.

We phoned customer support many times, followed their instructions which they text to us. we were finally told we had to go to our local store, even though they knew we were in Spain. On returning to the UK we went to our local carphonewarehouse, they spent over an hour trying to fix the problems while they were on the phone with customer support. They decided we needed new sim cards. New sim cards arrived, activated and still the same problems. All this time I have been using a Giffgaff sim card to make calls and then having to pop in the ID one to just see if it worked, bear in mind I'm self employed and this is my work number. all of a sudden on the 9th November I could make and receive calls.

To date my wife still cannot make or receive calls. £30 worth of top ups and customer service and their mysteries technical department have refused to refund. I have asked for £40 refund and all they have done is put 5.01 credit on my phone, which is useless to me when I top up £10 every 30 days. I told them I wanted my money returned to my bank account. I received a text from ID stating:
We've reviewed your bill query and can confirm that there were no errors or incorrect charges.

Is this how ID treat all their customers when they make mistakes, They seem more than happy taking our money.
One call my wife made(all my calls on my work phone are automatically recorded) she was told they had fixed her fault but she had to put another bundle on as the last had just run out. we asked them to do it for us as they owed us money back for lack of service they would not. So my wife put another £10 on and guess what...Still unable to make or receive calls.

Can anyone help us get our money back from ID? Please.
Regards
Stuart.

Edit: We are asking for £30 refund for my wife and £40 for myself. I had no choice but to top up another sim card twice for my wife and I to be able to contact ID support.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 15 November 2018, 16:51

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 1
I am in a similar situation inasmuch as I am on holiday in Spain and my phone has stopped working. Live chat does not work and the phone number given does not work. At least now, having read the above, I will not be putting money on my phone, instead I will be cancelling my contract when back in the UK next week
Userlevel 1
Im having the exact same problems but I've not been abroad. As of about 9 days ago I couldn't make calls or texts or use my mobile data. Yet I can receive calls or texts. No settings have been changed on my phone. Spoke to live help, the sent me new APN settings didn't work, told me to go to a shop, so took to car phone warehouse. They put my sin in another phone, didn't work, they put their sim in my phone, worked perfectly which proves it's a fault on Id not my phone. Ended up calling Id again who have now told me to wait 48 hours for a technical team to be in touch. This is shoddy. I'm very unhappy with this terrible service and customer help is rubbish!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Stumuzz, it sounds as if roaming was not enabled on your account as you would normally automatically connect to a network and be able to receive texts.
You should be able to check this yourself using the iD Mobile app.

If you send us some details we'll check this directly for you.

arthurandfreda, can you provide more information on the problem you are having about your phone not working so we can try to help.

-Phil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Stumuzz. I am not ID Mobile employee but I can advise you that the best option for you is to contact customer support via live chat here 

Userlevel 1
Spent an hour again in carphonewarehouse. A brilliant staff member took on the challenge with customer support. they gave her the run around just like a normal customer but she was not having it. Comments like " c'mon, it's been over 2 months now and we need too get this customers phone working." They even made her try a phone in store as they would not believe my wife had not disabled calls on her phone. That's right, they would not even believe a staff member. it was a nightmare.
We have to wait until Tuesday for a response from the technical dept. we have finally been given a reference number, which was refused us when we called by ourselves.
So I say DO NOT top up your bundle while away if you can't make calls. wait till you are home and then pop into your nearest store.
Edit: funny how customer support have no records of our previous calls...
Stuart.
Userlevel 1

Hi Stumuzz, it sounds as if roaming was not enabled on your account as you would normally automatically connect to a network and be able to receive texts.

If you send us some details  we'll check this directly for you.

arthurandfreda, can you provide more information on the problem you are having about your phone not working so we can try to help.

-Phil

Hi Phil,
All of a sudden my wife's phone has started working. This clearly proves the fault was not with the phone as we have not touched this ornament since our visit to carphonewarehouse.
I will send an email to the address you provided to see if they can help with the refund we has so far been refused.
Regards
Stuart.
Edit. Tuesday came and went and again the promised phone call from technical department never happened.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your suggestion but that was the first thing we, customer support and staff at carphonewarehouse checked. I have found that this is not an isolated incident as many people are searching for a solution online and are being failed by customer support.
I'm having a similar problem in Spain. I can send text messages and receive calls & texts. No problem using data roaming. But if I try and call a UK number I get the message about this number not being set up for this service and please insert correct Sim card. I have been able to make a call to a local Spanish landline number.
I've tried prefixing the UK mobile number with 44 or 44 and no 0. All my phone and ID settings are enabled.
I had a similar problem in the USA but in that instance the call would be made via the third party operator.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @Looloobelle1980,

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced and we would like to assist you as much as possible to get this sorted for you.

As you have advised that it's an issue with coverage, I would firstly advise to check the coverage in your area at the link below;

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker

If all seems fine with the coverage in your area, it may be that you have a faulty SIM and the Live Chat Team will be able to help HERE.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

-Kash
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @Blick on a stick,

Sorry to hear about the problem that you have experienced whilst abroad.

It's strange that you are able to use all the service but unable to call the UK but we will try everything to get this sorted.

Firstly I would advise to make sure you replace the 0 at the start with either of the international dialing codes +44 or 0044 when calling the UK.

Secondly I would advise to manually connect to a network in Spain. Looking at this it would be best to connect to the Movistar or Yoigo network whilst in Spain.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

-Kash
I've tried the different prefixes. And the default network is YOIGO. The problem has also happened when I've tried calling my sister's mobile phone who is with me in Spain
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Blick on a stick,

Just to confirm you're dialling the number as follows:

0333 003 777 would be dialled as +443330037777

This is the correct prefix and is the most common issue that affects outgoing calls.
Can you try dialling the number +443330037777 and advise what happens?
(Include the + in the number).

Mohammed
I’ve got similar problem, I’m in Malta and can’t use my phone, tried all the usual fixes like switch off 4g, ensure I’ve registered on the app for international and data roaming is on etc, I have iPhone 6s with iOS 12. Strange thing is I get 3G data but can’t make calls which also means I can’t call customer service, tried chat for the last 3 days but chat is always not available day or night! Anyone else got any ideas apart from switching providers as it appears this is a common fault with ID ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @Debsians,

I'm sure we can try a few things to get this sorted for you. Firstly are you able to check the network that you are connected to?

From what we can see Go Mobile is the best network to connect to in Malta. In order to manually connect to the network could you please follow the steps below;

1. Open settings
  2. Tap Mobile Data
  3. Tap Network Selection
  4. Turn Automatic Network selection to off
  5. Manually select the network from the options
Also within the settings and Mobile data settings please ensure that your Mobile Data Roaming is switched to 'ON'

If non of the above work please could you turn off the handset for a little while and get back to us with how you get on?

I've moved both your posts here and I hope this answers your question.

Kash
can anyone help with a roaming problem, I’m in Malta and can’t use my phone, tried all the usual fixes like switch off 4g, ensure I’ve registered on the app for international and data roaming is switched on etc, I have iPhone 6s with iOS 12. Phone identifies local networks but the three bars appear to be greyed out? Strange thing is I get 3G data but can’t make calls or text which also means I can’t call customer service, tried chat for the last 3 days but chat is always not available day or night! Anyone else got any ideas apart from switching providers as it appears this is a common fault with ID ?

Why iD Mobile?