Solved

service does not allow access to this number

• 10 August 2020
  • 60 replies

Userlevel 1

My phone keeps cutting off, stating the above error message. It happens at various stages throughout a call and to differenttypes of numbers. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 September 2020, 15:08

View original

60 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dkh001,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can log this for you.

Will

Can you please include me @Will  - see my post above

Userlevel 2

This is interesting, earlier I found a thread on here from 7 months ago where people were complaining about the exact same message but in their case it was people ringing INTO an iD number (3 mobile also) that were hearing the 'no access' message. Now it's completely reversed and it's our OUTGOING calls getting it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

We’re working hard on a fix, but we’ll Private Message you now to grab some more details.

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will   Just replied to the PM

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Perfect, cheers @Alant1948.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

Hi Ryan 

This happens to me regularly too (as we have previously discussed) and I can categorically and emphatically assure you, that powering down makes not one jot of difference.

Lisa

I am also regularly turing off my phone and still getting this problem. Often I try to call the person back and get through only I don't feel confident it won't cut off again

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dkh001,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can log this for you.

Will

Can you please include me @Will  - see my post above

Me too

Userlevel 2

No issues at all this week for me and as a lorry driver I've been all over the place, Cornwall to Kent not one of those cut off's happened & I've been on really long calls too crossing entire counties. Really hope it doesn't start happening again though.

Userlevel 2

I spoke too soon. Got back into Southampton, made a call and in less than five minutes the dreaded message happened and cut the call. Thinking about it, this has only happened while on calls in the Southampton area, I wonder if the problem can be transmitter specific.

Hi

I wish to add my voice to this thread 

I have been with ID for over 4 years and I am extremely disappointed at the moment with this current problem.

During Covid I am working from home and also need contact with my family which I am unable to do as when I make a phone call I get cut off with this message.

This needs resolving ASAP as it is causing distress to a lot of people and you are unable to tell us the issue or offer any support.

I had to join a thread as I cannot even contact you on the phone.

Can you please let me know what is going on with your network and when it will be resolved as I am losing all confidence with you as a network at the moment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gareth8 & @AndyLB,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having this issue too. We have another thread about this here and my colleague Kieran has mentioned:

Hi everyone,

We believe we’ve found the cause of the issue and now just need to provide a fix. For some reason, some calls at random times are failing over to our backup server even though our primary server is running normally. Having backups and fail overs is usually a good thing as it means our services continue to run even if there is a problem. However, in this instance, something’s not working correctly. This issue should only be affecting a very small minority of customers which makes it a little trickier to solve. I can understand it’s frustrating for you as customers and I can assure you we’re all working to get it fixed as quickly as possible!

I’ll provide a further update when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Kieran

@Gareth8 we will have a member of our Support Team contact you via PM too to ensure this is logged on your account.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Hi I am having the same issue over the last month with calls being cut off for no reason saying "your service does not allow access to this number".

Can you help?

Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alant1948  @jason1111 @ps2mint  @Bigcol 

Thanks for contacting us.

We’re still looking into the issue with Three UK and hope it is resolved soon.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Has this been resolved yet? I’ve had no notification- though in fairness I’ve not had a problem since reporting above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alant1948,

It looks like there are 2 topics relating to this.

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-24/sorry-your-service-does-not-allow-access-to-this-number-35669

This was resolved on/around the 31/08/20.

Apologies a response was not also posted here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Mohammed Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

Are you getting cut off immediately, or is it saying “service does not allow access to this number” first?

Will

Userlevel 1

It was a few minutes intothe call - but according to the above comment I thought it had been resolved??

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Alant1948 that issue in particular has been resolved now.

If you’re experiencing something similar still, then this would potentially be something new and exclusive to yourself.

Is it just one particular number you’ve had this happen with, or have you had several calls drop in the past few days?

Have these been happening all over, or have you only noticed this at one particular postcode?  (Could we get that postcode too if possible?)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kevin - I’ve not had a problem since my original post. So from my perspective you can close the case 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

Are you getting the automated message, or are the calls just cutting off? Is there a particular duration the call gets to before this takes place?

Will

Badge

Hi Will.

Just saw this thread after posting a new question a few mins ago. It does not bode well to say it's a service or network problem when this thread, alone, goes back over a month.

Some of the other responses here has me thinking the system knows how many of us are are connecting to wifi and have wifi calls selected, if that is the case and something on network has been tampered with and as a result has removed  the normal mobile phone, text and web access that is standard in our agreement, then wtf are we paying for?

I noticed my wifi drop a few times using certain apps and how my web usage jumped up last month when I have been connected to wifi for a number of months now, rarely I take it off wifi so have not used any of my data plan but last month almost all of it including the rollover that was maximum amount doubled up had all been used.

The fact I have only disconnected from wifi a handful of times means I cannot tell if my network is how it should be but after reading these comments and seeing I got cut off during a standard uk mobile call, the problem is with my service also. It would not call back out for another 15 or 20 mins, until I came back home and reconnected to wifi and activated wifi calling.

Thanks in advance for looking into my problem.

Badge

Almost 2 days ago I added to this thread.

No response.

Still without a service if I leave the house and dont have wifi.

What kind of monkey operation is this?

I cant get to a carphone warehouse and even if I could what would be the point?

I wont be making any more monthly payments if this phone is not working soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @steh575,

I understand that people like to speak to others in a certain way whilst using the internet, but please be aware that the tone of your last message won’t provide you with a quicker response, rather, it is likely to get you banned if you speak to us in that manner again.

This thread goes back a month, because it was regarding a very specific error that occurred a month ago. This error in particular had no affect on peoples WiFi or data. So I think suspecting it is a localised issue with your account, rather than it being something that affecting lots of people is a fair assessment. 

If you have noticed your WiFi dropping, and an increase in your data, I’d imagine the two are probably linked. If you have Social Media Apps running in the background for example, and your Wifi drops off, then your data would automatically pick up the slack of that.

When you’re away from home and not using your WiFi, how are your services in general? Do they work as expected?

Will

Badge

A very long message has just deleted due to the poor way in which this app throws you back to the dashboard screen and I will attempt to redo. My language never mind my tone was out of order in my last message and was aimed at I.D the company not you or any other staff member personally and if anybody was offended it's a shame that I have been offended so much to go and offend others in turn. No doubt my point, which is right, has been overlooked by my poor choice of wording.

Thanks for explaining wifi and web data, I dont have social media apps draining my data and battery.

As explained when not connected to wifi I had no service at all, data or calls or texts, essentially the whole package my service plan is based upon that I have paid in full and on time as per agreement. Unfortunately, as detailed in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I.D have failed to deliver their side of the agreement.

I did manage to get on the LIVECHAT and speak to someone helpful, they were so nice and helpful I actually gave the survey afterwards the high mark of 2 out of 5, they were on a 6 but I had to consider the reason I was in LIVECHAT to begin with.

To be offered £3.42 as a goodwill gesture or refund for loss of service is an outright insult when I have had similar problems each month for the last 3. To be informed there have been intermittent outages in the area at various times seems a bit convenient also.

Anyone would think I am trying to wriggle out of paying or something, what I am trying to do is get a decent and honest service for a decent and honest price, that I have continued to pay as per the terms of agreement.

It would appear the service has been working again properly for the last 2 days and I hope it remains as such, however, it seems like a long wait on the customer service number and I doubt I will receive another call from them as the one I did get, as promised, lasted just long enough for the smart capabilities to change from the number to 'I.D customer services' before it hung up. Approx. 3seconds?

The Chartered Trading Standards Institute, who logged my enquiry when I called to check I was not mistaken in my understanding of consumer rights, also gave me information on other things regarding complaints and the timescales permitted by law to rectify matters.

The Communications Ombudsman is something I have been advised about also, yet I am a very reasonable and upstanding person regardless of how many swear words I know and I do not think that this matter needs to be escalated so far as that.

I have made contact, my complaint has been logged, I have received a 3 second phonecall that was too quick to answer, and, as a result of that process be it common I.D practise or 'just a very busy day' I am now placed in limbo and responsibility passed back to myself to call a number that is not being answered when I try to call it.

This is where we are upto, i will accept a refund or reduced bill but £3.42 is not good enough and customer services have my number and ability to make a call with an acceptable amount of time in which to answer it yet it falls upon me to make contact again, which is poor to say the least.

Why iD Mobile?