Question

Signal dropped

Over the last few days I have practically no signal at home when I have never struggled with this before.  Calls keep cutting off. 2 other members of my household are having the same problems. Your coverage checker shows that the service should be very good. My postcode is BS30 9UF.

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Owerss 

Though we’re very sorry to see you’re here due to problems of recent.

Taking a look at the mast closest to the postcode you’ve provided there.  It does show that some work has been ongoing on that mast over the course of this week which likely will be the culprit behind the coverage issues.

From the latest information we have on our side from Three’s Network Engineers; it looks as though the work should be complete by 5pm this evening.  So if all goes well there things should be making an improvement from this evening onwards.

If that is not the case, then please let us know here by reply tomorrow and we’ll contact you further to troubleshoot this further as needed.

Hi

Unfortunately my signal has not improved today. I was initially unable to make an outgoing call and when I eventually managed to get through my call cut out after a time. I have been calling my mother daily since the beginning of lockdown but have only experienced problems this week. I have been considering upgrading to a new phone with you but am a bit concerned if the network is going to be like this going forward.

Is there still a problem with the mast?

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’ll contact you via PM here now to take some further details @Owerss, it seems the work is ongoing so we’ll monitor this with you so we can provide further updates as we get them.

I’ve been having the same problem as others.  I’m on a call when suddenly the person at the other end cannot hear me but I can hear them so we have to reconnect all the time.  Is there a problem with the network in my area?

I’ve been having the same problem as others.  I’m on a call when suddenly the person at the other end cannot hear me but I can hear them so we have to reconnect all the time.  Is there a problem with the network in my area?

I’ve been having this problem aswell and from using the live chat I was told it was a handset issue, my phone is currently in the post to ID to be exchanged, they also sent me a new simcard. However now I’m having issues with calls using the new sim in my old phone. The phone keeps from off the network and when people phone me it rings out at their end but my phone isn’t ringing. Starting to think the problem is bigger than just my new handset, I’m within my first 30 days still so looking like I will be cancelling my contract.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @peeps 

Could we get a full postcode for where you’re facing problems?  We’ll take a look into if anything is known to be at fault there locally.

How long have you noticed problems arising?

Have you had more than 3 examples of this happening recently?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I’ve been having this problem aswell and from using the live chat I was told it was a handset issue, my phone is currently in the post to ID to be exchanged, they also sent me a new simcard. However now I’m having issues with calls using the new sim in my old phone. The phone keeps from off the network and when people phone me it rings out at their end but my phone isn’t ringing. Starting to think the problem is bigger than just my new handset, I’m within my first 30 days still so looking like I will be cancelling my contract.

Hi @MikeyP2021 

Did the Live Chat Team take a look at your postcode to see if any problems were flagged locally at current that could be causing an issue?

What problems specifically did you notice which prompted you to get in touch?  Could we get your postcode here to check and confirm?

Thanks

Hi Kevin,  My postcode is NG4 4JE  and it has happened a lot.  It only just started about two weeks ago, before that it had been working fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @peeps 

We are unable to check the signal in your area at the moment, however, we will escalate this with our tech team. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I can’t ring people and they can’t ring me 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I can’t ring people and they can’t ring me 

Pop your postcode into this network status checker page, from iD Mobile’s network partner (three).

There might be a service disruption in your neighbourhood.

Why iD Mobile?