Solved

Signal problem

• 11 January 2021
  • 20 replies

My phone has basically unusable as a phone as I rarely have any signal at all so I can't have any phone calls in or out. For example, the other day I had an important call from my doctors but due to signal issues the doctor couldn't hear me at all. I

icon

Best answer by Will 10 February 2021, 10:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Raz152,

We are very sorry to hear about that! Have you checked for any issues in your area by using our Coverage Checker here?

Also, does the service seem to work better when at least a mile or two away from home?

Ryan

I have tried the coverage checker and it says it’s very good, it makes no difference where I am

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Raz152,

How long have you had these issues?

Is this recently or has it been the case since joining?

Have you tried the SIM in another handset at all?

Mohammed

I’ts been an ongoing issue for a long time now, I can’t take out the sim

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Raz152 

Until you can not take the sim out of the phone and test the sim in another phone then we will be unable to determine if the issue lies with the sim or the phone. Why are you unable to take the sim out?

-Mohsin

My phone doesn’t open up, it’s a Huwaei Honor on contract

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Raz152,

What do you mean by this?

You should always be able to remove the SIM card.

Some phones require you to use a special SIM tool to remove this.

Which Honor handset is this?

Mohammed

Huwaei Honor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Raz152 

You will need to use the SIM card eject tool to remove your SIM card.

If you look on the side of your phone you will see a small hole, the eject tool needs to be placed in here to open the SIM tray.

Michelle 

Changing phone makes no difference

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Raz152,

Which other phone did you try the SIM card in?

Please can you also confirm your home postcode so we can check out the coverage levels in your area, including the postcode of any other area you have tested the SIM card in as per one of your earlier messages?

Thank you.

Ryan

BB5 6QN

I used my partners Huwaei Honor 10 lite, my postcode is BB5 6QN

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Raz152,

I’ve checked the postcode and the local masts.

What I found showed the area has Good Outdoor and Marginal/Limited indoor coverage mostly.

The signal isn’t great so we’d expect indoor issues.

There was some unplanned outage on the 20/01/21 but was resolved fairly quickly.

Some work on & off at the neighbouring masts on the 26th, 28th Jan and some on the 1st Feb.

It doesn’t look like it’s degraded over the past month as it’s looking like it’s always been like this for some time.

Are you in a contract or SIM-only plan?

Mohammed

Contract

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have you had a replacement SIM card sent out to you at all?

Have you tried a different SIM card in your own handset (a non-iD one?)

Mohammed

I haven’t had a replacement sim, my partners phone isn’t iD

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

When you try your iD SIM in another phone (your partners), is it the same sort of thing?

Does the phone you’re using currently have WiFi calling enabled?  As this can give you a boost of coverage when at home or anywhere with WiFi.  This is handy for buildings that are hard to penetrate coverage-wise with all networks.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

It was the same thing in my partners phone, tried wi-fi calling but if anything it gets worse when I try that

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Raz152,

We’ll send you a Private message now to see about sending you a replacement SIM to try.

Will

Why iD Mobile?