Question

SIGNAL PROBLEMS

• 7 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have had an ID sim card for a number of years and have never had a problem. Recently I had to switch to a new phone and now I cannot get a signal when at home. I know for a fact there is no problem with coverage as two other family members who also have ID sim cards are not experiencing and problems. When I go out the signal comes and goes and its pot luck as to whether or not I can make a call or not. I am pulling my hair out and I am thinking of leaving ID as I am losing business. Could it be that the sim card has become ineffective?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @David Wood,

It sounds frustrating - have you looked at the following community support article about network coverage?

Help with network coverage | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

To be honest, if everything worked before your switched your phone, it sounds like a the phone is the problem. Can you try your SIM in another phone (you mentioned other family members don’t have a problem).

Doing this will help to determine if it’s your SIM or the your phone, which might be causing the problem.

Good luck!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @David Wood,

​​​​As @andewhite has suggested, this may be a device fault given the situation. If you can please let us know what happens when your SIM card is inside another phone, that would be great.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?